Ax-men Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

i just hate red.always have.my motorcyle was red.all my snowmobiles have been red since i have been an adult.my tractor is red.i can't stand the color but i keep getting stuck with it.it's a curse.i'm not buying a red saw!

OOOPS! my homelite 550 is red,DAMMIT!

around here i only know of two Jred dealers and they are both out in the sticks.husky/stihl dealer is right behind my house.i think i'd buy a dolmar before i bought a Jred.

Is your tractor an IH? IH all the way man...I like JD too but I'm startin' to like IH more. I want a white stripe IH 1066.......but I think I need a skidder more. I bet that 1066 would be one heck of a skidder though. 130hp of pure turbocharged diesel power..... Mine would have a straight chrome stack on it though...the muffler would come off immeadiatly.......lol:greenchainsaw: :cheers:

Last night they were also logging in over a foot of snow, looked more like 2-3 inches to me......

You would not think that TV would exaggerate would ya? :)

I saw the same thing and it was lucky if it was 2 to 3 inches let alone a foot.

Started to remind me of that ice trucker show. I watched it once and the exaggeration if not flat out lying of the narration was a real turn off for me. Never watched it since.

Lot of these real life TV shows seem to exaggerate a lot, all in the name of profit.

On a brighter note, I do seem to like the narration from that Mike Rowe. Seems like he is honest and seems to get his facts straight. Understood that they are reading the narration from a script but if I was a narrator I would refuse to call it a foot of snow when it was clearly obvious it was not.

Just sours the show for me as you wonder how many other lines of BS they are handing ya all for the sake of profit.

Is your tractor an IH? IH all the way man...I like JD too but I'm startin' to like IH more. I want a white stripe IH 1066.......but I think I need a skidder more. I bet that 1066 would be one heck of a skidder though. 130hp of pure turbocharged diesel power..... Mine would have a straight chrome stack on it though...the muffler would come off immeadiatly.......lol:greenchainsaw: :cheers:

130hp that you can't get to the ground. Way to light in the rear end. You would hate it for a skidder. You have to stop to shift through every gear and the ta's are junk.

You would not think that TV would exaggerate would ya? :)

I saw the same thing and it was lucky if it was 2 to 3 inches let alone a foot.

Started to remind me of that ice trucker show. I watched it once and the exaggeration if not flat out lying of the narration was a real turn off for me. Never watched it since.

Lot of these real life TV shows seem to exaggerate a lot, all in the name of profit.

On a brighter note, I do seem to like the narration from that Mike Rowe. Seems like he is honest and seems to get his facts straight. Understood that they are reading the narration from a script but if I was a narrator I would refuse to call it a foot of snow when it was clearly obvious it was not.

Just sours the show for me as you wonder how many other lines of BS they are handing ya all for the sake of profit.

We finally got around to watching that episode and my wife and I noticed the snowfall exaggeration too. Does make the show seem less credible.

130hp that you can't get to the ground. Way to light in the rear end. You would hate it for a skidder. You have to stop to shift through every gear and the ta's are junk.

You can get ta's that will last, a lot of hot farm stock pullers buy them and they hold up. If you used a draw bar for your 3 point to pick up the logs it would help... It's hard to beat a 4 wheel drive tractor's ( skidders)in the woods.. farm tractor cant back up for nothing, one little root and you spin. As for shifting, just run hi 1st its fast enough in the wood and low enough it start out pulling hard.. there's a lot of 10's That run 150-175hp and farm everyday, our 1066 is at 160hp.

Back