Axe Men

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John464

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Axe Men now showing

Its not suppose to premeir till tomorrow, but if you are a Comcast Digital Cable customer you can find it in the On Demand section. I just pressed play and about to watch it now!

I wasn't able to get my on demand to work but ran across another good show on The History Channel- Modern Marvels " Saws" pretty good show with short clips of feller bunchers, dropping trees with a chainsaw, misery whips, sawmills, hot saw and then into stone saws etc.

I wasn't able to get my on demand to work but ran across another good show on The History Channel- Modern Marvels " Saws" pretty good show with short clips of feller bunchers, dropping trees with a chainsaw, misery whips, sawmills, hot saw and then into stone saws etc.

I saw that, pardon the pun, while I was down in Joplin for the December Ice Storm. We were taken it all in waiting for everyone to get ready to go out for an evening meal. I found it very interesting, especially the origins and early materials used.

Its not suppose to premeir till tomorrow, but if you are a Comcast Digital Cable customer you can find it in the On Demand section. I just pressed play and about to watch it now!

Thanks Man, I'm fixing to check it out !

Pretty good show even if they are hoking it up some.

I wondered about the sanity of some of the things. For example the guy fooling around with that cable being taken out by the heli. Shouldn't have been anywhere near it with all the whippign around it was doing.

Another one was the boss telling the newby what the controls were on the highline carriage and the signals. Hardly something you would expect a green person try for the first time...yes, I know he was an experienced logger but unless they were faking, that guy had no clue what the controls did.

Hope they show some detailed falling cuts. Not much shown tonight.

Harry K

I liked the show, although I hope, in the future, that it doesn't degenerate into an overdone "personality driven" reality show, where the individual private lives of the people seen at work become the major focus, instead of the jobs they do. I was kind of amazed at what I saw as major safety violations at each job site. If most logging operations are run the way a few of those shown are, I am surprised that the fatality rate in logging is not even higher than it is now. I'm looking forward to the next installment, but if it starts going the private life route, as I mentioned above, I won't stay tuned in for too long.

Safety?

What about the helicopter not having a cut away feature for the cable hook-up?

FAA anyone?

There aren't that many loggers now.

In the good old days Oregon and Washington each killed a logger a month.

neat show!! But im sure for TV purposes it was hyped a little!! as far as the work ethic, language, atitudes, etc... seemed to be on cue for our trade.

While watching I knew I would see posts about the PPE & other safety infractions, kinda makes the guy not wearing chaps on a side job not look so bad & talk about one handing.......one on the tree to feel for the fall direction & the other on the saw for cutting these are a little bigger than top handled chainsaws LOL.

Maybe the guy who writes for TCIA complaining about certain wrong doings should of watched that show.....this is the real world & things arent always able to be done by the book!! seemed to me they watch out for one another & self responsibility is KEY!!!

All in All I liked it & the trade is finally shown "as it is" ...about time.

Hey anyone see the cover on the TCIA Mag.....tree rescue, how about those wonderful spike marks in that tree & this was rescue training!!!!! I love how they preach spikeless & then contradict themselves on their own Cover!

LXT................

Up here in the Canadian great white north all I could find on History Channel was Sands Of Iwo Jima.Maybe we'll get Axemen at a later date.

LXT,
this is finally proof of what you and i were commenting to in another thread. There is by the book and there is reality. This show is reality. Is everything safe 100% of the time? No, but they are conscious of their surroundings and experience will out do PPE anytime. Accidents happen no matter how much PPE you have nor how safe your zone is.

So what is the deal????

Is this like the "Sopranos", but with chainsaws and axes?????

Or a documentary about loggers losing a foot?

Like "Ice Road Truckers?"

Back