Axe restoration thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's my new Plumb Victory. My buddy picked it up at the local Tuesday auction for $10. I looked at it and didn't see the maker on it, and it was so hot, I left. He called shortly after I got home and said there was a nice Plumb at the sale, so he got a number and bid on it for me. It's a big head, makes the 32 inch handle look short.

D4HJOll.jpg

3fDVw6E.jpg

What is that mark? it looks like 'v5FoR'

Head looks smashing. Will you rehandle or rehang on the existing stick?
I had to look at it twice, it says "VICTORY". I might take the tape off and see what it looks like. It has a pretty big split, but if it cleans up nice I might make it a wall hanger. It's not beat up too bad, I'll have to think about it. There is another big farm sale Saturday two weeks from now. They have a bunch of axes and a 70's Homelite XL100 series that looks pretty nice. I'm just getting into acquisition mode, restoration mode will come after deer season.

I had to look at it twice, it says "VICTORY". I might take the tape off and see what it looks like. It has a pretty big split, but if it cleans up nice I might make it a wall hanger. It's not beat up too bad, I'll have to think about it. There is another big farm sale Saturday two weeks from now. They have a bunch of axes and a 70's Homelite XL100 series that looks pretty nice. I'm just getting into acquisition mode, restoration mode will come after deer season.
You local guys should come to my gtg June 2nd. Doing a pig an stuff. Lots of wood there to run saws in or use a axe. Chambersburg is the location

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

You local guys should come to my gtg June 2nd. Doing a pig an stuff. Lots of wood there to run saws in or use a axe. Chambersburg is the location

I should be able to do that, Chambersburg is only about a 45 minute drive from me.

The head has a chip, and I'm undecided as what to do about yet. What do you guys think?View attachment 652835

Looks nice, well done. As to the chip, take a bastard file to it and flatten the edge, then resharpen. If you plan to use that, a chip that size will start to get on your nerves in a hurry.

I couldn't find the get-together thread. Multifaceted and I may car pool. It looks like we are both open that weekend. I might bring one of my Super 1050's, especially if someone videos me doing the Super Dangerous Drop Start.

All this rain drove me down in the basement. The only reason I came up is there is no beer down there. Gotta send out a big thanks to SVK for the Kevlar gloves. Been working on the blade of my Collins boys ax. With just the file it will shave the hair off my arm and slice a sheet of paper like butter, and I haven't even pulled the stones out yet. Also hit the Collins Legitmus Double a couple strokes. Will have a couple pics later. Gotta get back down stairs. Rust is forming on everything and the beer is getting warm, terrible combination.

Well , I think I'm gonna put up that last 3lb Hults Bruk that I bought for sale and send the proceeds to jimdad07

Jim is good people and needs a bit of help , I've already sold a saw and the monies are on the way to him , send me a pm for an offer on a fine 3lb piece of Swede steel , I'd like to sell it by next Friday .

Latest posts

Back