Axe restoration thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the picture of 4, the first is the American Beauty, was my wife's grandfathers. The second with the handle that shows good stain, is my Collins Legitmus. One side of the head the blueing is almost perfect, and the white lettering "Genuine Collins Hickory" is almost perfect. The third is a Kelly, the fourth is an old Crafstman. The single pic of the Plumb is a little 24" cruiser, Joe.

In the picture of 4, the first is the American Beauty, was my wife's grandfathers. The second with the handle that shows good stain, is my Collins Legitmus. One side of the head the blueing is almost perfect, and the white lettering "Genuine Collins Hickory" is almost perfect. The third is a Kelly, the fourth is an old Crafstman. The single pic of the Plumb is a little 24" cruiser, Joe.

Very nice, thanks for the info!

Right now I'm working on another smaller project. A late 30's early 40's Camillus "Scout Knife" I found it in an old tin box from one of my favorite uncles. The scales were shot, but the steel is in pretty good shape. I plan on hand fitting a pair of Black Locust scales. The escutcheon that says "Scout Knife" was just pinned on top of the handles. I plan on inlaying it. I also plan on putting a 4 point checkering job on it. Locust is pretty hard, we'll see how it goes, Joe.

20170622_090702.jpg 20170623_092604.jpg

Attachments

• 20170623_094213.jpg
    20170623_094213.jpg
    7.9 MB · Views: 53
Alright fellas, here's one my recent projects completed - Council Tool 2.5 lb Cruiser:
cGzd6iX.jpg

EKawX3z.jpg

g1m5DhD.jpg

WmaCSsE.jpg
I like, I like alot. Very well done Sir

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Right now I'm working on another smaller project. A late 30's early 40's Camillus "Scout Knife" I found it in an old tin box from one of my favorite uncles. The scales were shot, but the steel is in pretty good shape. I plan on hand fitting a pair of Black Locust scales. The escutcheon that says "Scout Knife" was just pinned on top of the handles. I plan on inlaying it. I also plan on putting a 4 point checkering job on it. Locust is pretty hard, we'll see how it goes, Joe.

View attachment 603756 View attachment 603757
Those are all awesome, but I really like that tiny little anvil! Once I get some spending money again, I plan to buy a quality anvil and some old smithing tools.

I guess [emoji38]

Likewise :happybanana:

We're gonna have to gtg sometime being were almost neighbors [emoji851]

I'd be up for that, you already know that I like to throw lead, but I also brew my own beer. I currently have five kegs on tap. :rock2:

We have a couple of low key GTG's once in a while i'll let you know.

Sounds good, let me know and I'll see about joining y'all. Whereabouts, another member's place or a restaurant or something like that?

I might add that we like to sling lead down here too, I have more Model 1899 Savages made before WWII than I have axes, Joe.

My father-in-law has a nice Model 99 chambered in .300 Savage, it's an old one too, belonged to his father, and my father-in-law was born in 33'.

Back