Axe restoration thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marbles knives.... I like Puma but my pal at work collects Marbles. Whenever I see one in a pawn shop I call him then text some pictures. Usually end up buying it for him if the price is right. If I remember I’ll show him tomorrow.
EDIT
Texted him the pics of the knife. Here’s the response

It's nice. The markings look different than some of mine, but Gladstone is the goods.

Marbles knives.... I like Puma but my pal at work collects Marbles. Whenever I see one in a pawn shop I call him then text some pictures. Usually end up buying it for him if the price is right. If I remember I’ll show him tomorrow.
EDIT
Texted him the pics of the knife. Here’s the response

It's nice. The markings look different than some of mine, but Gladstone is the goods.

Thank you sir [emoji1303]. I much appreciate it[emoji847]

I plan to polish them light scuff marks out. Im slowly turning it into a convex grind. I can clean it up with the strop. Convex is my absolute favorite knife edge. I do it to axes too.

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

This guy has a jig he clamps knives in the puts a three angle edge on knives. He did my hunting Puma a few years ago. Done probably 6 deer with it since and it’s still RAZOR sharp. Picture of the puma from the 60’s, Rifle from the 50’s and a poor little buck that made the mistake of being the only deer to walk in front of me in two days.... of hard hunting up at camp. Love my PUMA

Attachments

• B9ADE113-34D3-45BE-9D63-E8E9CD5DE045.jpeg
    B9ADE113-34D3-45BE-9D63-E8E9CD5DE045.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 21
What's it worth to you if you don't use it and it sits in a drawer ?
Use it and enjoy it , it's a great design , just don't abuse or loose it Lol
I joined "allaboutpocketknives" to find out about a pre war "Scout" knife I had. They have a monthly members give a way. So, thinking I had a drawer full of knives, some very nice, I decided to donate one. My wife paid over $100 for it 30+ years ago. I never used it, so away it went. The guy that won it in the drawing lived in Moscow, and I don't mean Moscow PA. I asked if it was legal to ship it to Russia. He said in the description just put Fishing Scissors. When he got it he said he was glad they didn't open it, he had no idea from the pic that it was over a foot long. I looked up the maker to see if I could find out what it was worth before I donated it. They make tactical knives now. Then I donated my Hop Along Cassidy folding knife as a door prize at our Savage collectors rendezvous.

Maybe we could do a monthly give away? Donor ships. On AAPK you pick a 3 digit number and the closest with out going over wins. They use a local lottery the last day of the month to pick the winner. We might have to use the 4 digit lottery. The have a pretty big membership and never come close to using all 999 numbers.

PZtOpPr.jpg

URTi8OP.jpg

I joined "allaboutpocketknives" to find out about a pre war "Scout" knife I had. They have a monthly members give a way. So, thinking I had a drawer full of knives, some very nice, I decided to donate one. My wife paid over $100 for it 30+ years ago. I never used it, so away it went. The guy that won it in the drawing lived in Moscow, and I don't mean Moscow PA. I asked if it was legal to ship it to Russia. He said in the description just put Fishing Scissors. When he got it he said he was glad they didn't open it, he had no idea from the pic that it was over a foot long. I looked up the maker to see if I could find out what it was worth before I donated it. They make tactical knives now. Then I donated my Hop Along Cassidy folding knife as a door prize at our Savage collectors rendezvous.

Maybe we could do a monthly give away? Donor ships. On AAPK you pick a 3 digit number and the closest with out going over wins. They use a local lottery the last day of the month to pick the winner. We might have to use the 4 digit lottery. The have a pretty big membership and never come close to using all 999 numbers.

PZtOpPr.jpg

URTi8OP.jpg

Those look COOL!

But im not sure what id use them for...... craft time with the 4 year old maybe.[emoji23]

First time. Now this is actually a hatchet head that I hung on a 28” boys axe handle. So the fit was tight. Had to do a good amount of whittling of the wood to get the head down this far. Got it down to what I thought was a reasonable place and got really good contact on the handle.

Cut the groove down a bit further so it is about 2/3 of the way down the hatchet head as stated in that video[emoji16].

Tell me what you think. I’m here to learn and I have thick skin[emoji16][emoji1303][emoji41]

fe6a7f00ee9cf2daf77449664a217cb4.jpg
138e7f304b06e4e85d9084b1379aa1d1.jpg
820d003f0909ad4f2d031b2ed8b7ba3c.jpg

Those look COOL!

But im not sure what id use them for...... craft time with the 4 year old maybe.[emoji23]

It’s two pics of the same knife. The only time I used it was when we went crabbing off the docks under the Chesapeake Bay Bridge. Used it to cut chicken necks in half. It has crimping notches for splicing steel leaders and a bone saw. Cool knife, just never used it.

Back