Axmen starts with Hendrix playing a Dylan song, and it seems to fit

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The reason we don't clear cut here contrary to what the west coast retard Green#### thinks is not because of anything they teach in school, or any political claptrap, it's because the small stuff isn't worth anything and it's not worth the time to cut it, our hardwood forests have 100 small trees for every tree that's worth the cost of cutting. Make that 500 if you include the saplings. The amount of labor to clearcut would be 100 times the labor of just pulling the valuable wood. I sell all my wood to a paper company and they don't want the small stuff. Even the firewood guys don't want the small stuff. Firewood guys think any tree under 8 inches is worthless, too much slash to deal with, way too much work. People who want their land cleared have to pay me $3000 an acre to clear it if I keep the wood, and sometimes I don't even get much good wood out of it, the rest we pile up and burn on the guys land. If he wants us to cart it out that costs him another $2000 an acre. So $5000 an acre is the reason we don't clearcut. Very rarely if a guy has old trees and lots of big ones, maybe some good cherry and oak, hard maple, we clear it for free and keep the wood. But never ever do we pay for wood if we have to clear the land no matter how many big oaks he has, they always pay us. I hear out west loggers have to pay for their wood. We get paid twice, once to cut it and once when we sell it. The only time we pay for wood is when they allow us to come onto their property and take only the good logs that we want, and leave the tops and slash on the guys land to rot away, leaving him with a mess of leaners and widowmakers but it all rots down in 5 years. Once again, Green#### is a moron and google#### is just as bad. West coast nancy boys probably.

Hey, thanks for explaining what you do and why you do it. It makes sense now. We all thought you were a logger. We should have known better.
Turns out you're just kind of a landscaper that sells a few trees now and then. We wondered why you didn't know what you were talking about but I think you've cleared that up for us.
Look up "cull" in the dictionary...see if it has your picture beside it.

And the reason you don't have any forest fires? It's 'cause you don't have any forests.

So much for me trying to be a diplomat and try to stop the flame notes. :)

How come we're arguing about who has the best woods? Good grief, as if Stihl vs Husky is not enough, now this. Who really cares?

:sucks:

Lol...See, no good deed goes unpunished. Nice try though.:clap: :clap:

And as far as who cares about whose woods are best? It's not really a matter of that. Anybody that makes their living working in the woods on the Left Coast is kind of spring-loaded to a defensive mindset when somebody questions or critisizes what they do.
We've been put down, screwed over, regulated almost out of existance, and generally spoken badly of for so long that we're basically just damn tired of it.
Making a living in the woods is tough enough without the poorly informed but extremely vocal people who, probably without meaning to but not really caring either way, make life tougher for us. They have no right to do that.
So...when somebody puts the slam on us, even mildly, we will react. And from our reactions people can pick up a little knowledge and find out more about what really goes on out here. If we're more direct and plain spoken than they're used to, well...deal with it. :cheers: Bob

Omg

So much for me trying to be a diplomat and try to stop the flame notes. :)

How come we're arguing about who has the best woods? Good grief, as if Stihl vs Husky is not enough, now this. Who really cares?

:sucks:

I know dude. This was one time I should kept me old mouth shut. I'm stuck right in between. I'd love to go out west, and I think this here is a perty nice place too. One isn't better, ONLY DIFFERENT!!!!

:clap: :cheers:

Course at 10000' I'm sure I'd be out of breath quite quickly...

I think if you are able to work in any woods and do what you love then it is a win-win; no matter the coast.

:cheers:

I dont care if ya clear cut or not out there. Just wanted to present that before I asked my question. With all the rain and steep slopes how do you keep the topsoil in place after you clear cut? Keep in mind Im twelve feet tall and all muscle and if ya mouth off at me Ill come out there cloud up and rain down all over ya.

Hey, thanks for explaining what you do and why you do it. It makes sense now. We all thought you were a logger. We should have known better.
Turns out you're just kind of a landscaper that sells a few trees now and then. We wondered why you didn't know what you were talking about but I think you've cleared that up for us.
Look up "cull" in the dictionary...see if it has your picture beside it.

And the reason you don't have any forest fires? It's 'cause you don't have any forests.

Golog#### What I was talking about was weekend jobs which is the only time loggers actually "clear cut" land out here. That's the only reason I brought that up. Maybe we pick up a sunday odd jobs for extra money off the clock, where some land owner wants some private land cleared for whatever reason, and some of us might get together and clear a few acres for them. Like a ski slope wanted some new trails and we cleared about 10 acres for them, and sometimes home builders call us to clear building sites for them, as odd jobs. We will take maybe 3 guys, one skidder, and a triaxle and do maybe an acre a day clearcut. I only brought it up so you can see what is involved in clearcutting forests in NY. Monday thru Friday I pull logs off NY State owned land and haul them to a paper company, and we never do anything but the big trees. My company owns 3 skidders and one buncher, 3 triaxles, I have 3 crews and an office. I was trying to educate you on a thing or two since you obviously don't know anything about logging, you obviously failed geography in school too since you say there are no forests out here. Now we all can see you are an moron because not only do you know nothing about hardwood logging, you actually don't even know we have forests out here. Nice 3rd grade teacher you must have had. The west has a few patches of forest between all the deserts, maybe some logs on mountain tops where it's not all desert, but the east is all forest.

I see no reason to end this flame war since it's so much fun.

Your turn glogo####

Last edited:
You don't get forest fires where it rains. You don't have any forest fires in the Olympic Rain Forest. You don't even know what rain is. You irrigate your apple orchards. You irrigate everything with water from the Columbia River via Grand Coulee dam water. We never irrigate ANYTHING here, because it rains here. And we never have forest fires unless there is a severe drought. How can you tell me it rains if you irrigate everything and have forest fires?

West coast millions of acres of forest:

California 23.7
Oregon 28.8
Washington 21.3

total 78.8 million acres of forest

---------------------------

East coast millions of acres of forest:

Maine 12.8
New Hampshire 4.8
Vermont 4.6
Massachusetts 3.1
Connecticut 1.9
New York 18.4
Pennsylvania 16.6
Maryland 2.6
Delaware 0.4
Virginia 15.8
North Carolina 18.3
South Carolina 12.4
Georgia 24.4
Florida 14.7
Kentucky 11.9
Tennessee 14.4

total 177.1 million acres of forest

We win!!

You don't even know what rain is. You irrigate your apple orchards. You irrigate everything with water from the Columbia River via Grand Coulee dam water. We never irrigate ANYTHING here, because it rains here. And we never have forest fires unless there is a severe drought. How can you tell me it rains if you irrigate everything and have forest fires?

I'm assuming you are thinking of Eastern Washington.

Average precipitation in Sedro Woolley, WA is ~50". Keep in mind most of that is for 9 months out of the year and most of THAT is during the winter months.

It can get very hot & dry in western WA during the late spring and summer. When that happens the slag that isn't burned gets very dry. I overheard some DNR employees talking about a lot of the sites around here averaging 6% water two summers ago. Firewood is considered bone-dry at around 15% I believe. All it takes is for one idiot to not extinguish a cigarette / camp-fire / burn-pile, etc... and the rest is history. For the past couple of summers it has been illegal to burn during summer months. Going camping has been different since a lot of the time campfires aren't allowed.

There have been forest fires on this side of the cascades. They are just more prevalent on the eastern side.

Last edited:
You don't get forest fires where it rains. You don't have any forest fires in the Olympic Rain Forest. You don't even know what rain is. You irrigate your apple orchards. You irrigate everything with water from the Columbia River via Grand Coulee dam water. We never irrigate ANYTHING here, because it rains here. And we never have forest fires unless there is a severe drought. How can you tell me it rains if you irrigate everything and have forest fires?
Mite want to get edjumicated. Forks annual rain fall 100-130 inches a year. There are forest fires in the Olympics, irrigation is only in eastern Washington after all the Rain has been squeezed out by two glaciated mountain ranges.
Pics of fire at lake Cushman part of Olympic NP
attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Georgia alone has more forest than California, so Go Log It, Golog####

I think a poll is in order here.
How Long Before Joggerjackazz Is Banned?
#1 Today
#2 This week
#3 It doesn't matter cause I live in fear of being punched over the internet.

I vote #3.
What a nozzle you are Jack. Please just go away. And Cisco, you know you almost stepped in it.

Back