[b]stihl 024 rookie porting and re-build watcha think ?[/b]

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good, hope your son watched you take the saw apart and put it back together. Let the next generation learn!

Oh yeah he was right there and helping, he helped do the build on the 327 in the jeep as well. My boy is not ur typical 14 yr. Old, in order to punish him when he does get into trouble we have to take HIS chainsaw, splitting maul, or shotgun away, it's the only thing that works !! He has already rebuilt the kohler k321 on the cub cadet 149 by himself with a little supervision and guidance. Next we are going to work on his fabricating skills and teach him to weld.

Im thirty now, when I was 16 for Christmas I got a MILLERMATIC, at the time I was like??? But pops spent big coin to get me a GOOD quality machine and to this day it still works flawlessly. I even used it today at work. When I was 15 it was a Milwaukee SAWSALL, the big one with variable tigger. Still use it all the time. Invest in good quality tools for him, if he respects you he'll respect them and they will last him his lifetime. I got lucky, my pop worked hard for his money and at special occasions, Christmas and Birthdays, He always got me something Good.

870 10/22 still have both, More tools than Im gonna bother trying to list. Looking back now, there isn't anything I wouldn't do for him. Chearish your time with your son!

Last edited:
Couldn't agree more, he has more than a few quality tools and your right respect is the name of the game. He got the mossburg 500 20ga for his 12th birthday and the ms290 for his 14th, I would've liked to get him the 260 pro but didn't have quite enough coin so the 290 was a comprise for his first saw.

Your right on Steve, he does have hearing protection, and I should have made him go get them and his chaps, sadly that was my fault. Just 2 quick test cuts but still safety first my bad

Anybody have advice, criticism, guidance on the port work? I widened the transfers toward the intake, didn't get any pics though. Thinking about going back in once I master the degree wheel so I van get some timing numbers. Maybe a small pop up to boost compression, I need to get a gauge first. ALL IMPUTE AND CRITICISM WELCOME PLEASE IT'S THE WAY WE LEARN

sounds like you have a good start there. You can always take it apart and do more. Base gaskets and sealer are cheaper than cylinders.
Make sure you have your safety equipment on. If you wear it, they'll wear it. Kids watch what you do when your not thinking about it.

Back