Back In The Shop......Now What's On Your Bench????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first Stihl project is on my bench. Its a pristine 028 WB. It's not mine though. It's a friend's saw he asked me to get it running again. Probably just fuel line and a carb kit is all it needs. A beautiful machine.

Before I discovered online forums.......and 028 was the only saw I owned. I cut my firewood with it for about 15 years. Then I found out I needed multiple saws of each displacement in order to cut my firewood. Gas heat might be cheaper now. lol

Got the rebuild kit for the Mac 9 flatback carb in the Super 250, just need to put it in. Replaced the fuel line in my hodge-podge 026/260 hybrid saw, it had a tear on the side of the fuel filter end so the fuel filter kept falling off in the tank. Don't know how it got the tear in the line. Now I need to take it out and retune-it and run it a little bit. Dad's L77 Husky recoil needs fixing too, he went to start it and pulled the rope out, told me "in no hurry to get it fixed, do it when you have time".

My first "real" saw on my bench was when my father in law asked me to fix his no-spark 041. Once that one roared to life, I was hooked. Just recently got an 041 of my own just because I love how they sound, lol.

actually, the saw on my bench is a 395 .... owner said it spun a bearing. ...uh... ok. took off the clutch....with considerable effort, and found the clutch drum has a line in it.... ie, the chain skipped the rim or wasn't ever on the rim and it was tightened against the spur on the drum.......instead of the rim drive. other than that the saw is fine :)

Have an early 12mm 044 on the bench now that was generously giving to me by a good friend and fellow AS member.

Been giving it a full resto besides bearings. Bought all oem parts for it. Got the whole saw cleaned up. Now for the fun part of putting it back together :D

image.jpeg

2 parts missing in the pic is another filler cap and intake boot.

Did those anchors work out?
Easy peasy!

I later came back and fastened the sill plate to the block with 1/4" Tapcons. I would have rather the anchor went through both, but the wall wasn't centered on the blocks.

20160830_202419-jpg.524350

Attachments

• 20160830_202419.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 155
Easy peasy!

I later came back and fastened the sill plate to the block with 1/4" Tapcons. I would have rather the anchor went through both, but the wall wasn't centered on the blocks.

20160830_202419-jpg.524350

Tapcons are plenty strong. I've used a bunch of them. With the cap blocks anchored, and the sill Tapconed to it, you're gonna be fine.

Nice straight looking job on the framing.

Have an early 12mm 044 on the bench now that was generously giving to me by a good friend and fellow AS member.

Been giving it a full resto besides bearings. Bought all oem parts for it. Got the whole saw cleaned up. Now for the fun part of putting it back together :D

View attachment 524281

2 parts missing in the pic is another filler cap and intake boot.

What do the case look like ? Paint or powder ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was impressed with the tie in point of the two roofs. Looks real good.
I really just wanted to tie into the top of the wall, but I needed additional height.

Doors are next. The entire front has to open. I'm simply using sheets of siding, framed on the back with 2x3 to save hung weight. I bought 4 1/2" commercial hinges. I hope the don't sag too much.

After that, I'm replacing all the pine trim that's painted white with cedar trim. Most of it is rotted out after only 10-12 years. Then fresh paint and shingles on the new part.

2016-08-20 20.51.42.jpg
20160820_202234.jpg
20160827_202936.jpg 20160902_200850.jpg

Back