Back In The Shop......Now What's On Your Bench????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm off into a different realm today..plumbing! Faucets dripping so decided to replace cartridges in bathroom and kitchen. Not dripping at least for now..If parts come today I'll be back into chainsaw repair, a little more interesting..

I really just wanted to tie into the top of the wall, but I needed additional height.

Doors are next. The entire front has to open. I'm simply using sheets of siding, framed on the back with 2x3 to save hung weight. I bought 4 1/2" commercial hinges. I hope the don't sag too much.

After that, I'm replacing all the pine trim that's painted white with cedar trim. Most of it is rotted out after only 10-12 years. Then fresh paint and shingles on the new part.

View attachment 524351
View attachment 524357
View attachment 524352 View attachment 524354
It'll be interesting to see how you join the roofs together, keep us posted..

Husky 350....did base gasket delete. Now just waiting for new intake to come in so I can put on metal clamp. Even after the gasket delete piston didn't even touch the solder for a squish measurement. My solder is .020. Its my first attempt so we will see how this goes....

That was my original plan :) BUT I managed to break off part of the plastic clamp. Clamp I have is the one that fits together not the screw type clamp.

I haven't figured that out yet, lol. I currently have 30# felt paper slid up under the bottom shingle about 6".
The kind of roofing you have on the original part is kinda stiff and doesn't lend itself to bending very much. The only thing I could think of is to put a piece of metal flashing in the V part, run the original down to the V and proceed from there with the original type roofing and don't spare the roof cement where it's joined together! I've done a little roofing but that certainly isn't my profession, maybe someone will come up with something better..

My first Stihl project is on my bench. Its a pristine 028 WB. It's not mine though. It's a friend's saw he asked me to get it running again. Probably just fuel line and a carb kit is all it needs. A beautiful machine.
This one salvaged from a fire, runs awesome. I have all parts to make look new but I've just been running it. It has character .20160613_124332.jpg20160613_124412.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Back