Back In The Shop......Now What's On Your Bench????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I checked the compression on the 015L and it showed a bit over 130 so that should be enough. I changed the spark plug and got a little bit of spark but not enough. I noticed the 015 came with both points and electronic ignition depending on the model and the L is supposed to be electronic but it's an older one and doesn't say electronic on the plate on top so who knows? I'm hoping it's points, cheaper to fix..

Good luck with it!

I have found only a few saws that I couldn't get right out of the many I have now fixed, and one of the saws from that series became my arch nemesis.

I am fully convinced that it was possessed. It was an 009.

I swapped coils, swapped carb after rebuilding the original twice, pressure and vac checked good.

It would pop and run great for 5 seconds then die flat on its nose.

Tank vent was fine, I had replaced fuel line and filter.

I think it was one of two saws that I have ever literally tossed off my porch in frustration.

I swore off that model series after that.....

Sold it with full disclosure with a bunch of other parts and builder saws to another guy who had more time and hopefully more patience that I.

I'm proceeding right along with the 015L, found out this one has points so I cleaned them and checked the gap @.015. The carb was really filthy inside and out so it's in the tank right now. I'll try to put it together later in the day. Spark plug wire has been broken and put back together and taped so I took the tape off and put a couple of layers of shrink tubing over it along with a new fitting on the end. I hope when I get it back together it doesn't have a bad condenser or something. These saws remind me of the dreaded Mini-Mac...

Got about a half dozen saws waiting on parts and have been waiting quite a while. Ran the 015 for awhile and it did fine and then it didn't. I don't know if the fuel line got messed up or what but I can prime the saw and it'll start but won't keep running. And it was doing so well! I already rebuilt the carb but may have to go through the procedure all over again. Checked the spark and it's nice and big..

What are you gonna use the building for when it's done?
1945 Case SC
2016-10-01%2014.37.00-L.jpg

20160902_200810-L.jpg

20160902_201040-L.jpg

Got the new used recoil on the cs-8000, straightened the tensioner bolt so the bar won't fall off again, changed the spark plug, good to go!

Now it's just sitting on the bench until I get back from helping people move back to Indiana from PA.

Think I found the answer on the 015. Took the thing apart again and checked the line and filter, they're okay, gonna go ahead and clean the carb again and also rinse out the tank. What I noticed was the gas cap vent wasn't working so I worked the little thing in the cap until it vented again. If it does it again I'll probably drill a very small hole in the cap.
Still waiting on parts for a few other saws..

2 MTD snow blowers, a cubcadet, and a craftsman 55cc saw, most of it is running ;)

-•------------------------------------------------------------

Just a home owner that likes the older better made machines

Craftsman 3.7
Echo 290evl

Working on a Craftsman/MTD Snowthrower and added a Homelite Super 2 to the bench yesterday. Snowthrower has a plugged up carb and have no idea on the Homelite. I rebuilt the carb on it about 3 or 4 years ago. Now it acts like it has no spark. I haven't even dived into it yet. So who knows what it is at this point in time. It is my dads saw and he has already replaced it with a new Stihl MS271. So it isn't a rush repair job. Saw has been down for about 3 months now.

Just put a new AM P/C on an 024 that was scored real bad and had been written off as junk. Waiting on a fuel line and buffer for it. Got an 031 in a bundle purchase that wouldn't run. Put a condenser in it and fired it up last night. Runs like brand new. Lost the e-clip from the throttle rod (stupid, stupid, stupid :angry:) so gotta order a box of those. My son put a kit in the carb on his Craftsman 3.7. Fired it up, tuned it a bit, WOW what a 60cc powerhouse! He was cutting cookies off my test log just as fast as my 036pro!!!

Still waiting on some parts I ordered the 4th of this month..wonder why it's taking so long? I should have had this 660 out the door a couple of weeks ago..I did finally get the parts to finish my 038 Magnum which I did this morning. Never did get the intake boot for it so I ordered another one from a different vendor and got it in about 3 days! Guess I'll have a spare...

Latest posts

Back