back to school for me

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treeman82

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Hello all. I am leaving tomorow for school. I go to umass, and am a student at the Stockbridge School. Have any of you guys graduated from that school? Or had experiences with Dennis Ryan, Tom Houston, etc. If you did attend there, what did you do after you graduated? If you could tell a little bit about what came of you, it would be appreciated.

I graduated from Stockbridge in 1999 and then from UMass in the urban forestry program this past spring. Stockbridge is a great school and I really learned a lot. It's not easy but it's worth it-lot of information in 2 years. But it's great preperation for the arborist exams. Try to go 4 years if you can. It will help a lot in the long run. I know Ryan and Houston both. Ryan is excellent. He really knows his stuff. Take any classes you can get with him. I am working on my own now doing tree work. It's going pretty well-trying to expand into a bigger operation. Good luck!!

Back