Backyard Locust

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Retire that rope already or get rid of the end of it, looks like you nicked her pretty good. Those leads werent that big but with you pulling with your michine and shock loading I wouldnt trust it. That was at 2:00 other than that looked like a normal day at the office. Good job.

Retire that rope already or get rid of the end of it, looks like you nicked her pretty good. Those leads werent that big but with you pulling with your michine and shock loading I wouldnt trust it. That was at 2:00 other than that looked like a normal day at the office. Good job.

I had a feeling someone was going to mention the rope. Thanks

Taking those big nearly horizontal limbs to the side with the GRCS was impressive.. LOOKS LIKE it would have been good to set the line out a little farther. Even with good hinging wood, that was a lot of lean to fight...
Liked the rip cuts too... Anyone that doesn't can KMA... :)

For someone that put down alot of other peoples videos, yours is very average.

Good job, looked like there was some pieces you roped down that i might have just dropped, but videos / pics can be decieving.

Taking those big nearly horizontal limbs to the side with the GRCS was impressive.. LOOKS LIKE it would have been good to set the line out a little farther. Even with good hinging wood, that was a lot of lean to fight...

Good thing its big enough so we can all get on there at once.

Thanks, that piece would have made it if I would have just trimmed the tips off from the roof before going into the tree. Problem is I do EVERYTHING! Did a crane job last week and had to sling, cut, and load and it was F%$in HOT!!

Eh, just to throw it out there, the limb taken down over the neighbours shed, left green on it and he watched the whole thing.

Thanks, that piece would have made it if I would have just trimmed the tips off from the roof before going into the tree. Problem is I do EVERYTHING! Did a crane job last week and had to sling, cut, and load and it was F%$in HOT!!
Sometimes its better to leave the brush on as it just brushes without scratching... Spreads the weight out evenly etc..

To be honest... I origianlly thought you were pretty good, becasue you cut those deep notches from the lift... then when I saw you over-pulled with the GRCS on that ash by the patio/deck, I thought you were seriously lacking, and just got lucky without really knowing why etc.. But after seeing this vid, I AM back to thinking you're good... (mostly)... there were definitely some things shown that haven't had much or any youtube play.. good style IMO.. we actually think a good bit alike in rigging and have a lot of confidence in our falling skills..

I agree and stated that I did over tighten the rope on the ash pull. There was some wind and wanted to be sure, although this could have barber chaired the log causing damage. I do run big and sharp saws and thought that it would burn through it, which it did. We run a fine line on what we do that's what puts US in a class, Professionals! More to come big topped maple and crane guy golfs on saturday so not available. Thinking Grcs and drill again but with tip tying and bottom cuts. Will try to make a video, things a little pain having the recorder on my chest but I do what I do for the Fans!!:msp_w00t:

Back