Bad neighbor!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

777ER

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
After cutting down a 35-40' tall weed tree on monday with my new MS-361, All was cut up and put away in the back by the corner of the property by the chain link fence that seperates the town property from my property.
The base of the tree was aprox 14" diameter.

The tree is on the opposite side of my backyard from his, I put all the branches and cut up logs into the back of my property across my backyard where the tree was from.

There is also a rock wall that seperates the neighbors property from mine, followed by the hedges that's mine which seperates the backyard from his.

My uncle (red shirt in the pic) who was helping with the tree cutting, sees my neighbor looking out of his kitchen door at us as we're cutting the tree down and looked like they were being nosy.

In the pictures, the neighbors backyard is in the direction of where my back faced when I took the pictures.

Last night I get home from work (2 days later), open my garage door and come out of there with a vaccum to clean my car interior.
He parks his black Acura TL, gets out and confronts me and starts telling me stuff like he saw me cutting the tree down and putting the cut up logs and branches near his property line and that he has informed the town and the building inspector.

I told him what does being near your property have anything to do with yours, it's still on my property. And if you have a problem with that, call the police.

He then says "I'm telling you as a neighbor" I said "whatever" and he walked away.

Last October, he told me where to park my pickup truck on the street!
And points out to his property line because I parked my pickup truck in his "spot" which is acutally more on my front lawn side. There is no assigined parking here, just open to all, it's a big Cul-de-sac type.
And he points out his property line divding my lawn from his...I'm like property lines does not dicate where you park.

I told my father's friend who lives down the street what he said to me, he nodded his head big time and told me the town owns between 4 and 6 feet of the front lawn from the street curb for garbage pickup and underground power lines/pipes. He told me to call him when my neighbor confronts me again...but unfortuntly he's at work at the time.

Looks like the next time he confronts me will be harassment...

Last edited:
It take all kinds of people dont it. A friend of mine was clearing his woods so he could farm it, had all th junk wood in a pile, pulled a burning permit and put the match to it. It wasnt 2 hours later the state cops show up and give him a ticket for starting a forest fire. Mind you this was a 2 acre peice of woods in the middle of his field. The cop says he has to give him a ticket because the neighbor called him in and he can fight it in court if he disagrees with the misdemeanor ticket. So the next day, they needed to pump out their pit " this is a big concrete retainer under the cattle barn" on to the field. They are out pumping cow crap when the same neighbor is standing on the road video taping them pump the crap. One of the boys gets off the tractor and ask him what he is doing video taping them spreading crap on their feild. The guy says i am going to turn you into the deq for this outrageous enviromental hazzard. My freind informs them that he can legally spread his crap on his land and that the neighbor needs to mind his own bussiness. This is the same neighbor that has for the last two years called my friend to plow his driveway out in the winter so he can get to work, and has never paid or offered to pay him a dime. Guess what that isnt going to happen anymore!

Quit yer cryin'!!! (Just Kidding).

Nosy and crazy neighbors like that always suck. Unless you want to move, you gotta learn to turn and walk away when he comes out to 'greet' you. Make it clear in no uncertain terms that you want no and need no contact with him, and he should reciprocate.

Also, if she is supermodel hot, you could try 'coveting thou neighbor's wife'-- that might shut him up....:biggrinbounce2:

What was that old saying,

Good fences make good neighbors.
Seems like an 8 foot high one might be just the ticket. Obviously check the town / city ordinances first.

Best of Luck & Take Care

the town owns between 4 and 6 feet of the front lawn from the street

technically, from the centerline of the street, the town "owns" 33 feet.

that way, they have the right of way to add sidewalks, do work, sewars, etc etc.

Good fences make good nieghbors!! Don't let people spoil your fun.

Funny you mention irritating neighbor stuff. My neighbors dog craps on my lawn every day. I have stepped in it numerous times. I have seen the dog in the act several times.

Today I got fed up because my 2 yr old son stepped in a pile of fresh dog crap on my lawn. I cleaned his shoes up, told him it was ok, and sent him inside to Mama. Then I scooped a shovel full of dog turds up. I proceeded to walk across the street, and dump them on his front steps. I may have even mashed them into his steps by accident. Maybe he will get the hint.

I don't know if the guy was home or not, and I really don't care. I was pissed because my son was very upset about the whole thing. Next time I see him outside I'll go have a talk with him about his dog.

Funny you mention irritating neighbor stuff. My neighbors dog craps on my lawn every day. I have stepped in it numerous times. I have seen the dog in the act several times.

Today I got fed up because my 2 yr old son stepped in a pile of fresh dog crap on my lawn. I cleaned his shoes up, told him it was ok, and sent him inside to Mama. Then I scooped a shovel full of dog turds up. I proceeded to walk across the street, and dump them on his front steps. I may have even mashed them into his steps by accident. Maybe he will get the hint.

I don't know if the guy was home or not, and I really don't care. I was pissed because my son was very upset about the whole thing. Next time I see him outside I'll go have a talk with him about his dog.

leash laws are everywhere.

man, that's just plain rude of that guy to allow his dog to do that.

Many people always clean up after their dogs including us, yet there are those few that spoil it for everybody. State parks many years ago allowed dogs on the beaches especially if you came in off the water from a boat. The dogs had to be on a leash and they had to be cleaned up afterwards, which we always did. Then 1 time we were told that was no longer allowed as too many dog owners messed up the beaches by never cleaning up their dog doo. Thus spoiling recreation for everyone.:angry:

Some people on our street have the guts to leave the bags hanging on the mailboxes of neighbors after they pick up the the crap. I guess they are too weak to carry 1# or their nose is out of joint or rather should be put of joint.
I saw 1 lady do this to our mailbox and I waited for her to come back around then asked her if she dropped something. She said no what was I talking about and I pointed to the bag. I told her that I saw her leave it for the mailman and she should pick up the mail instead.:hmm3grin2orange: I told her it was a Federal crime to leave other items in a mailbox other than mail or inhibit mail delivery by hanging s:censored: at the opening and I would report it next time.

Sentence at San Quentin:10 years for hanging doggy doo on a mailbox:clap: :cheers:

Also, if she is supermodel hot, you could try 'coveting thou neighbor's wife'-- that might shut him up....:biggrinbounce2:

neighbor's wife is a korean with 3 kids :rolleyes:

and the bad neighbor in question looks russian to me.

Last month I got a mail in my mailbox from DirectTV addressed to the next door neighbor...looked at the address and it's his house #, looked at his roof and there's a direcTV dish...busted...already got his full name.

Then I take my sweet time to put the mail in the blue USPS mailbox for re-delivery to the correct address ;)
Looks like a DirecTV will slap him with a late payment fee :)

Last edited:
technically, from the centerline of the street, the town "owns" 33 feet.

that way, they have the right of way to add sidewalks, do work, sewars, etc etc.

Those kind of laws vary widely from one area to another.

What was that old saying,

Good fences make good neighbors.
Seems like an 8 foot high one might be just the ticket. Obviously check the town / city ordinances first.

Best of Luck & Take Care

I had about five 10 foot tall douglas fir type trees up for privacy but then they started to shown signs of weaking and dying...if you'd look at the branches, you see those little round light blue things which are acutally bugs that sucks the water out of the tree causing it to die eventually.

The landscaper took them out and put in 5 new smaller ones (about 4 foot tall now and it doesn't look good to me for quite a while. It lacked watering for most of the time (no time to take care of these stuff while in college) and the deers started eating them where the wire mesh fence was exposed on the bottom part...so now i got a few of them looking half @$$ed with leaves on top and just branches n the bottom...

It wasn't a big deal to me until the friendly neighbor who lived there, her husband died and she moved to florida for retirement...
She used to give me a half or whole watermelons and was good friends and talked alot with my grandmother who used to live where I am now until she died.

I'm not really sure on what to do with them now...get rid of them and put in those plants that likes to grow around crosshatch grids and spread out like my parents have or try to rescue these trees already there?

I had about five 10 foot tall douglas fir type trees up for privacy but then they started to shown signs of weaking and dying...if you'd look at the branches, you see those little round light blue things which are acutally bugs that sucks the water out of the tree causing it to die eventually.

The landscaper took them out and put in 5 new smaller ones (about 4 foot tall now and it doesn't look good to me for quite a while. It lacked watering for most of the time (no time to take care of these stuff while in college) and the deers started eating them where the wire mesh fence was exposed on the bottom part...so now i got a few of them looking half @$$ed with leaves on top and just branches n the bottom...

It wasn't a big deal to me until the friendly neighbor who lived there, her husband died and she moved to florida for retirement...
She used to give me a half or whole watermelons and was good friends and talked alot with my grandmother who used to live where I am now until she died.

I'm not really sure on what to do with them now...get rid of them and put in those plants that likes to grow around crosshatch grids and spread out like my parents have or try to rescue these trees already there?

Mines and razor wire... :hmm3grin2orange:
just kidding.... what ever looks good to you.. its your property right?

I've got a neighbor like that, only he has 2 HUGE labs that he lets out two or three times a day to crap all over my yard. Talking to him does no good. Even called animal control. Animal Control has been called several times by other neighbors about the dogs roaming around crapping everywhere but on his yard. They fine him $25, he pays it, and continues letting them crap everywhere. After getting fed up with the smell and having to wash crap off my lawnmower when I hit the "land mines" I decided to get tough. Yesterday I did a turd patrol and scooped up a shovel full and tossed it over the fence into his swimming pool. Haven't heard anything yet. Will keep you posted.

Mines and razor wire... :hmm3grin2orange:
just kidding.... what ever looks good to you.. its your property right?

Yep...I think I'll give the fir trees time to grow this year...if it's not going good...out it comes.

I've got a neighbor like that, only he has 2 HUGE labs that he lets out two or three times a day to crap all over my yard. Talking to him does no good. Even called animal control. Animal Control has been called several times by other neighbors about the dogs roaming around crapping everywhere but on his yard. They fine him $25, he pays it, and continues letting them crap everywhere. After getting fed up with the smell and having to wash crap off my lawnmower when I hit the "land mines" I decided to get tough. Yesterday I did a turd patrol and scooped up a shovel full and tossed it over the fence into his swimming pool. Haven't heard anything yet. Will keep you posted.

That's quite a first post, Jerry! :laugh:

Welcome to the forum! :cheers:

We had a new neighbor like that back when I was a kid. We WATCHED him train his big dog to come do his thing in our yard.

Hmmm.

My dad decided to 'train' him to avoid our yard. It's pretty amazing when a big dog is squatting, what happens when his haunch encounters a .22 pellet from a Crosman rifle. :D

He never did come back. :hmm3grin2orange:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Latest posts

Back