Bad neighbor!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't know sumac grew that large, don't think they do around here anyways. Some good stories throughout this thread though. Happy I live on 150 acres.

They were infact big. I was suprised to find it was that big while it's not typically know to get to that size....must be the enviroment around here.

Just Say "No" to ANY Neighbors

There are bad people, stupid people, mean $#@^&, and many, many other kinds. There are the righteous, the thin-skinned, the puny 'bully' types that whine if their "victims" (sic) strike back.

One solution to that kind of "bad neighbor" is live where you don't have any to bother you, or for you to bother. Check The Pee Rule for property and living: one needs to have room to pi$$ in the at least the four cardinal directions without disturbing anyone in any way. In this great country there is still what's called RURAL. Yes you work harder to enjoy things, but the rewards are priceless.

To put up with this kind of BS is inexcusable. Life is short: "first you live, then you die".:rock:

The Green giants as of last year (2015)

backyard.jpg

Now they're almost as tall as the roof line this year and still growing!

Nice privacy and around the fence height restriction rule as there's no code or ordinance regarding tree heights.

However they're listed as deer resistant but the deer started eating them...had to put up a 6 ft tall honeycomb netting to protect them.

Here's a update for 2016;

Been quiet so far for most of 2015 until 2016 came around...

2nd floor was having it's deck redone and they were making alot of demo noise by throwing wood boards and structural beams down 12 ft to the ground hitting the concrete base under it. However they were using different materials (composite) and changed the structure of the deck....here comes a call to the code enforcement inspector...he came out the next day and looked at it...after a few mins he seen enough and issued a stop work order to the contractor doing the work.
The contractors were unable to produce or show a permit for the work.

They had to stop and get a permit which caused them 2 weeks delay.

Had masonry work done on the steps and walkway in front of my house a few months ago and no problems.

However the last snowstorm (Feb 2016) was doing the snow removal in my driveway with my 11hp snowblower, the idiot neighbor comes out almost running and yelling at the same time accusing me of putting snow on the street and saying "I saw what you did last time and that's not right!" repeatly.

It was still a work in progress and aprox 75% complete.
The way I'm doing is cut through the snow bank at the end of the driveway from all the plow trucks that plowed the snow from the street to the side and in front of everyone's driveway, then I turn it around and move the snow to the sides.
As soon he appeared while yelling and almost running speed, I quickly turned my snowblower to the left facing him and tell him to stop and get off my property. He quickly stops a few feet in front of the snowblower while it's engine and auger still running He keeps yelling I'm putting snow on the street and that's not right. I told him go call the police if you have a problem.

He was approaching in a fast and aggressive way that if it was towards a police officer, the officer would draw his firearm and tell him to stop.

So he calls the police and I continue clearing the snow. About 5-10 mins police showed up and asked me what's up. Told him it's still a work in progress and I'm not even done. Police mentioned this guy been a problem with petty calls and if he gives any more problem, give them a call.
I asked the officers about filing harassment on this idiot neighbor, it didn't get anywhere much with them.

Mentioned to them that this is not the first time and to look up all the calls coming from him. They know about it already.

I already filed an formal complaint that night outlining the events and the past events and the police officer at the station filed it in records so any future events will reference to this past.
The officer at the station said he would've done the same thing with the snowblower if he was in my shoes. The complaint report already been filed and the idiot neighbor has no recourse should he complain that he felt threatened by the snowblower due to his aggressive behavior.

If this idiot would mind his own business and not be nosy this wouldn't have happened.

Funny that he never used or has any power tools or machines. Always a snow shovel for the snow and that's it. Doesn't even mow his own lawn.

Got a dead tree on my front lawn that has to come down...an 15-20 foot Japanese maple that it's barks are falling off and showing signs of dry rot. Having a helper and a few friends over to help and keep a watch should the idiot neighbor come out again bc the dead tree is a few feet inside my property line on my front lawn. Don't think he would be coming out with the sight of an MS361 running.

Back