Bailey's timberjack

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haywire Haywood

Fiscal Conservative Social Retard
Reaction score
Just received the timberjack that I ordered from Bailey's. What a monster. Not at all what I envisioned. I had one that I ordered from Northern Tool a few years ago and this thing dwarfs it. I have no fear of breaking this one with the logs I handle. I almost ordered one of those expensive aluminum handled jobs but decided on the cheaper wooden handled version. I'm not disappointed at all.

Ian

It's always nice when expectations are exceeded.

Does it have a removable lift bar?
How long is the handle?
What's the max diameter log it can handle?

It's 42" long from end to end, the diameter of the handle at the thickest point down by the working end is 2.5" and from the tip of the hook to the opposing tip at the end when wide open is 15 1/2". Yes, the lifting arm is removable but requires tools as the nut is a self-locking fiber lock. I'll replace that with a pin of some kind and cut the lifting arm shorter by a couple inches to increase the leverage and take some stress off it.

Ian

I like using a Timber jack.
I also cut the T stand down about two inches and put a different cant hook on it grabs better, IMO.

Timberjack

You might want to try it out before cutting the stand. I've used mine quite a bit just as it is. I put a pin with a clip to replace the bolt on the stand. I was a little leery about knocking the clip out, but so far no problem. Most of the stuff I cut isn't too big, if I get into a bigger log l just section it into pieces I can handle. I've even customized the handle by cutting a notch in it with my chain saw. That was a happy moment.

Haywire Haywood said:
I almost ordered one of those expensive aluminum handled jobs but decided on the cheaper wooden handled version.
Ian

Log Rite tools are well worth the money. I'm more than satisfied with my cant hook and hookaroons :cheers:

Back