Bailey's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WOLF_RIVER_MIKE

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I was looking on the Internet for a cant hook and found Baileys-online. Looks like a pretty good site. Has anyone had any experience with them. Also has anyone used their 2-cycle oil or bar/chain oil?

I've ordered from both Baileys and Madsens and have had nothing but positive experience from each.

I prefer to use 2 cycle oil made by the major manufacturers. (Echo, Husky or Stihl).

As for bar lube, I'd have no hesitation using Bailey's "motion lotion". (I just don't want to pay the freight on something that I can get locally).

Howdy,

Yes, I have known Bailey's for many years. It is a company in N. Calif. run by Bill and Judith Bailey, that was primarily a mailorder house of supplies primarily for the professional logger. They were never very popular with manufacturer's who used to cuss them publically, and then turn around and sell to them quietly anytime they needed to get rid of inventory or move more product. Bailey's loved it, and made a large buisness out of the industry foolishness.

They used to have a sale now and then, and put out a flyer known as "Wildass Specials". The story was that on occasion their pet mule would get loose and in the shop, and kick things around a bit. Instead of putting the stuff back, they said they just run specials and sold it at lower prices.

I imagine that their buisness now goes over the internet to about anyone. They publish a rather good regular catalog that is sent to dealers.

The only problems I am aware of, is where sometimes someone gets really torgued off because they not only did not know what to order, they did not know enough to allow the person on the otherend to decipher it. This is a problem with any mail-order supply. You would never believe how difficult it can be for the person trying to take the order. If you have ever tried to get the information out of the general public as to exactly what length and model of sawchain they want, you would know what I mean.

Regards,
Walt Galer

I've been getting their catalog and buying from them when needed for a while, what I want to know is, is their mail order the only business they run ?? If so, good for them to be able to build that log house they just finished, that place looks awesome!!!
I came very close to starting a mail order catalog (different products) and that is one tough bus. to survive the first couple years!

as for the two-cycle oil ive been running it in my work saws every day for about a year now with no problems. the man at baileys told me it was the same oil that husky and stihl plus its a great buy at 33.00 for five gallons.

i have dealt with them in the past. they seem ok and do have lots of things. they used to have a place close to me in albany ny. at that point they where handy. another place to take at look at is cutterschoice.com if you are dealer they have another divsion called laser sales. i have better luck with laser chains then bailey and i find cutters choice and laser prices to be alot more comfortable with a real good product. they also have GB bars, power mate rims and much more. nice people and i am sure they will be more happy to send anyone a catalog if you ask. they are in pa. protect yourselves; marty

Marty, Maybe you can tell me,The bailey's that use to be in N.Y. is it now Arbor Direct ? Seems to be about same website and cataloge as Bailey's

woodjunkie,
i do not believe so. i think bill (bailey) packed all the things from this location and moved it ca. i do not remember any sales or i am sure i would have been there. protect yourselves; marty

I have only ordered once from Baileys, waiting for order to arrive (sprocket was out of stock, I told 'em to send whole order at once). They seemed pleasant and knowledgeable on the phone. While on the subject, does anyone know who is making their private label saw for them? I thought it was a 029 but I hope I'm wrong! If their "woodsman pro" chain is carlton I'll let you know what I think of it..... I ordered two loops for the Jonsey.

Bailey's western division is located north of Leggett, CA, on Hwy. 101. They have a large store there and also run their catalog business from there. They have a branch in Jackson, Tennessee. They send out their orders the same day if ordered early or the next day if you order in the late afternoon. Bill Bailey is very generous as I found out when I used to put on the logging show in Fort Bragg, CA. He would donate chains, oil, first aid kits, files etc. He would also donate a Husky 2100 with a 4' bar and chain for the best "All-Around" logger.
Art Martin

I was told in a previous thread that Bailey's store brand chain saw is actually a Solo. (i thought it was a Dolmar)

Originally posted by sedanman
I have only ordered once from Baileys, waiting for order to arrive (sprocket was out of stock, I told 'em to send whole order at once). They seemed pleasant and knowledgeable on the phone. While on the subject, does anyone know who is making their private label saw for them? I thought it was a 029 but I hope I'm wrong! If their "woodsman pro" chain is carlton I'll let you know what I think of it..... I ordered two loops for the Jonsey.

Hi woodsjunkie, arbordirect is on the opposite end of the state from Bailey`s old Albany location isn`t it. The Bailey`s chainsaw is a Solo 651SP from what I understand. I have dealt with Bailey`s and have always been satisfied. Russ

I found Baileys in Jackson, TN. I've been driving right by it for 4 years. This may be too handy...I'll spend all my lunch money.

I went to Bailey's today in Jackson TN, and bought some stuff. I asked them what Oregon bars would fit the 357xp Husky. They didn't know. Not in the catalog. They asked me where I got it and I told them I'm getting it. Oh, new saw? That's why we don't have it in our catalog. I've got my saw ordered but can't seem to find any bar info?

mike,
maybe you would like to try a GB bar? i just happend to have some in stock for that saw(357xp):laugh: protect yourselves; marty

excuse my ignorance Marty, what is GB bar?

If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before.

Latest posts

Back