Baldor Generator

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mesupra

Mainer
Reaction score
I was wondering if anybody has had any experience with a Baldor generator, I am thinking about a 6kw, portable unit with a single cylinder diesel (Hatz). Just not real sure about the generator head part, I know Baldor has a great name in electric motors.

Thanks

I was wondering if anybody has had any experience with a Baldor generator, I am thinking about a 6kw, portable unit with a single cylinder diesel (Hatz). Just not real sure about the generator head part, I know Baldor has a great name in electric motors.

Thanks
i recommend baldor generators made in America and they are good about warranty work. I use to repair equipment and we pushed dewalt baldor and honda generators. If you keep up on fluids and filters and keep it clean you wont have any issues with it

any experience with the hatz diesel engine, esp cold starting, i just picked up a baldor dg6e brand new
Just use a good oil in it to break it in then go to a synthetic diesel oil after the break inn is achieved. And if it is cold where your at the use a small amout of anti gel additive and you should be good to go

3 years latter we have finally put the 6kw Hatz powered baldor to the test. Thankful to have such a great generator after 7 days and counting without power. So far we have racked up just over 100hrs in the last week. 1 oil change to be on the safe side. It's fuel consumption is very impressive at .3 gallons or less per hour. Knowing we would be out for a while I flushed the 55 gallon drum the windshield washer fluid I used as tire ballast cane in and headed to the nearest the gas station. A cheap hand pump from Napa and so far so good. The hatz engine is great however I'm not sure there's a louder generator on the market, doesn't help that it only used a deflector, no muffler. For those considering a generator and for those who use them for extended periods of time do yourself a favor and look into the diesel models. Central maine diesel offers several powered by kubota air cooled single cylinders for under 2500.

Can you add a muffler? Even the cheap tractor mufflers from fleet farm should be able to knock the exhaust tone down, most small engines make an incredible amount of mechanical noise. Quietest muffler in the world can't help that but a generator shed can go a long ways toward making it less noticeable. Just an insulated box that's vented in the right places so cooling air can flow through, might need to extend the exhaust outside the box.

I think I can make some simple modifications to quiet it down a little. Its really not that bad when we are in the house with the windows and doors closed.

"...do yourself a favor and look into the diesel models..."

When this mind of mine has extra time for thinkin, I usually wind up in jail for a spell. Maybe this brainstorm will yield the same kind of result, but I can't help myself. Seeing as diesel engines will run on vegetable oil or a similar facsimile, why not get a diesel generator and use a vegetable based oil you can get for free, to run it?

In case the cops want additional evidence to use to lock me up, let me offer this. Why not build or buy (cheap) a small steam engine, run it on wood, and generate electricity for household use like that?

Back