ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Ballast For Tractor Tires Advice

sb47

Addicted to ArboristSite
I ran strait water in the tires on my Kabota for 30 years. They had some rust on the rims but when I put new tires on it last year I was able to buff out the rust and re paint the rims before I mounted the new tires. I live is south Texas so I don't need to worry about them freezing, because we don't get many hard freezes. I added some anti freeze to them this time and hopefully that will keep the rust away.The more water you put in them they tend to not go flat very fast if you get a hole in one. My tires are tubeless so a simple tire plug works to plug a hole and I don't even have to take the tire off or take it off the rim. There low speed tires so a tire plug will hold for ever and there easy to use. The original tires lasted me 35 years with plane ol water in them. When I put the new tires on at first I just ran air and immediately noticed ho
w affected how well it pulls. So I added water to them and it pulls so much better now.

sb47

Addicted to ArboristSite
This is what I used to put water in my tires. It's cheap and supper easy to use. Just screw it to a water hose and remove the core from the valve stem.
It has a little button on it so when the tire get pressurized you turn off the water and push the button to let the air out. You have to have the valve stem at the top of the tire to get the tire completely full. A typical water service has 40+ psi so it will pressureize a tire up 40 psi.
https://www.zoro.com/haltec-water-adaptor-for-liquid-fill-tires-n-1091/i/G4591106/feature-product?utm_source=google&utm_medium=surfaces&utm_campaign=shopping feed&utm_content=free google shopping clicks&gclid=Cj0KCQiA0fr_BRDaARIsAABw4EvbCS2-UcE4SGq2D6Gi7tx4prs9Ag47xVI7Qo2mkEXtcsarAG0lww0aAgKEEALw_wcB
1170832.jpg