Bandit 12XPC clutch

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I recently bought a 2018 Bandit 12XP, 100+ hours on it. Two days later upon shutting down it started to squeal. It sounded like the belt slipping. Long story short the chipper drum isn't free spinning, engine pulley won't spin freely even with clutch disengaged. The clutch was never adjusted based on the paint still being on the adjusting nuts. It has a AutoClutch HD1300G. I can't remember the term for it but it is not the twin disk style.

It chips and runs fine. Just makes a lot of racket while starting and stopping.

Any suggestions on where to start testing parts?

Thank you for your time! Be safe.

I figured out the issue and figured I'd post in case anyone else has this problem. First off the clutch wasn't disengaging which caused the throw out bearing to wear prematurely. As a result of those issues the flywheel bolt holes began to wallow out and eventually sheared two of the crank shaft bolts off. Replaced the flywheel and throw out bearing, she's good as new.

Worth noting that Bandit was wanting $600 for the flywheel, I found one for my GM 3.0 engine on a boat supplier site for less than half that even with extra for expedited shipping.

Latest posts

Back