Bandit 1390xp quitting!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just for the record. To test the Murphy, push in the button when it quits. If that keeps it running then that's your problem.
Sometimes its just dirty connectors. I tend to clean them before moving on.

My Murphy switch went out after only 80hrs on my 1390. Best to keep a extra on hand.

If the solenoid was bad it wouldn't start at all. It sounds like the MS.
would a bad murphy switch keep the starter from engaging? i'm just getting tack tack tack from the starter solenoid relay when turning the key. zero engagement from the starter, freshly rebuilt starter, new starter solenoid relay, brand spanking new battery and all wires cleaned and tested for continuity, turn the key and only get a tack from the solenoid relay.

would a bad murphy switch keep the starter from engaging? i'm just getting tack tack tack from the starter solenoid relay when turning the key. zero engagement from the starter, freshly rebuilt starter, new starter solenoid relay, brand spanking new battery and all wires cleaned and tested for continuity, turn the key and only get a tack from the solenoid relay.
There's another relay that's not attached to the starter I'd check that, I had it go bad in my 990 its a common problem.

Now test for voltage at the battery and then at the ign switch and then the starter and see if you have a bad wire or contact. you only tested continuity not volts right? Wiggle them when testing.

Latest posts

Back