Bandit 1590 with Cat 3054c no fuel pressure

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pat134

Reaction score
I have a Cat/Perkins 3054c in a Bandit 1590 chipper. I'm not getting any fuel pressure. This has the electric lift pump so I wired that direct and that runs fine. I loosened the connectors at the injectors and still no pressure there while cranking. any suggestions would be appreciated, Thanks.

Hi Pat,

It almost sounds like an injection pump problem. I would make sure the line going into the injection pump is getting fuel. If so, the injection pump is having problems getting it up to the injectors.

Hope this helps!

Dave
Global Equipment Exporters
770-420-6400

Hi Pat,

It almost sounds like an injection pump problem. I would make sure the line going into the injection pump is getting fuel. If so, the injection pump is having problems getting it up to the injectors.

Hope this helps!

Dave
Global Equipment Exporters
770-420-6400

Thanks Dave, I've got fuel exiting the lift pump going to the injector pump but it looks like there's a solenoid on the injector pump. I haven't been able to locate a schematic so I'm not sure how to test it.

The solenoid your looking at is the fuel shot off solenoid. No power to it when key is in off position, has power when key is in run position. If there’s two wires, one is hot, the other a ground. Check with test light to see if it’s getting power. If you’ve got good ears or a stethoscope you can hear a slight click when it cycles. I’ve had them go bad and cause no starts as well. Check fuses of course

Thanks I'll try that this week end. I was checking the wiring and found two relay's with greened over pins so I ordered replacements. Might get lucky with an easy fix.

Back