Bandit 250XP radiator fan blades

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coolbrze

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
We have a 2010 250XP w/ very low hours & it started heating up on Friday. Sounded funny & didn't throttle up/down just right. I took a look after work & found that all the plastic radiator fan blades are broken to pieces. They're between the radiator & the engine block w/ a wire mesh "screen" on the back between them & the belt. Any idea how this could have happened? How hard is this to replace?

Branch got caught up in there possibly?
Are there one or two belts for the alternator on your setup, did one break and get caught in there? Shouldn't be too hard. We have an older 1590 with the cat 140hp on it. Without looking, I think there's enough space there to remove/reinstall a new fan.

Not likely. It's got the Cat 142 Hp & radiator fan is really protected pretty well. Just don't see how something could break them. It's got 1 belt, still intact.

I would check the radiator mounts. Did the fan get into the radiator? If you get me an engine serial number, I can quote you for the fan. It's more than likely that the radiator will have to come out in order to install the fan.

Thanks,

Dave
Global Equipment Exporters
770-420-6400

Thanks guys. Took it to the dealership earlier this week. Needs a new radiator ($2,500), fan ($180), & brackets plus 4-5 hrs. labor. Ouch! Any idea why the radiator would go bad so soon, it's a 2010 w/ low hours...

Thanks guys. Took it to the dealership earlier this week. Needs a new radiator ($2,500), fan ($180), & brackets plus 4-5 hrs. labor. Ouch! Any idea why the radiator would go bad so soon, it's a 2010 w/ low hours...

Did the broken fan blades damage the radiator? Or did the radiator mounts wear and cause the radiator to hit the fan?

Mounts broke & the radiator hit the fan busting the fan, radiator, brackets, & aftercooler. Sucks b/c it's only got 394 hrs. on it & is in excellent condition. Disappointed that we just dumped $3,700 into this thing w/ that few hrs.

Back