bandit 90 disc bearings

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lbj

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
need to replace the disc bearings on 90 xp only one side is bad , its the side near the anvil any tips would be very helpful it almost looks like there is a retaining ring around bearing several small holes but did not seem like there was any allen head inside of it . looked online did not see any repair manuals . could not see any numbers on the bearing yet . thanks for any help

update , trying to remove this bearing does the whole thing come out or does the center ring around shaft come out first ? if so does it turn out ?

thanks for any infodisc.jpg

You have to take a ziz wheel and cut through the housing down to the race. Then you use the ziz wheel and cut parallel to the shaft on top and bottom of the race. DO NOT go all the way through to the shaft. Then get a big chisel and 3 lb. hammer and safety glasses are a must. Put the chisel in the groove and give it a good hit and it should shatter. Then cleanup the shaft with emery paper and install the new one.

Hope this helps!

Dave
Global Equipment Exporters
770-420-6400

Thanks for info pulled the whole disc , can I call at your number listed it I run into trouble ? Thanks 7C8F392A-7640-48C2-A64C-54F2660613EE.jpeg 9A5B0EF9-C717-416B-AF5F-6ABFE7FA0782.jpeg
You have to take a ziz wheel and cut through the housing down to the race. Then you use the ziz wheel and cut parallel to the shaft on top and bottom of the race. DO NOT go all the way through to the shaft. Then get a big chisel and 3 lb. hammer and safety glasses are a must. Put the chisel in the groove and give it a good hit and it should shatter. Then cleanup the shaft with emery paper and install the new one.

Hope this helps!

Dave
770-420-6400

thanks for the replies , does anyone have grease recommend , I think bandit says ep2 lithium

Sure.

Dave
770-420-6400

Hope this helps!

Dave
770-420-6400

Hey Dave I have a bandit 200 that appears to be similar to this 90. Is it the same process for grinding the bottom race? I’ll attach a picture of what I’ve done so far. Thank you

Attachments

• 4AADD763-19C6-4FFF-A65A-8F6851CF9781.jpeg
    4AADD763-19C6-4FFF-A65A-8F6851CF9781.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
Hey Johnny,

You don't grind the race, you have to cut it with a ziz wheel parallel with the shaft on top and bottom. Be careful not to cut the shaft. You need to wear safety glasses after you cut it parallel to the shaft. Then you take a wide chisel and pop the race off. This is very hard steel and I've had it go through my clothes and into my skin in the past. Once the race is off, make sure the shaft doesn't have a dip in it. If it does, the shaft will have to be rebuilt or replaced. If the shaft is good, clean up the bearing seat with emery cloth and put on the new bearings.

Hope this helps!

Dave
770-420-6400

Hey Johnny,

You don't grind the race, you have to cut it with a ziz wheel parallel with the shaft on top and bottom. Be careful not to cut the shaft. You need to wear safety glasses after you cut it parallel to the shaft. Then you take a wide chisel and pop the race off. This is very hard steel and I've had it go through my clothes and into my skin in the past. Once the race is off, make sure the shaft doesn't have a dip in it. If it does, the shaft will have to be rebuilt or replaced. If the shaft is good, clean up the bearing seat with emery cloth and put on the new bearings.

Hope this helps!

Dave
770-420-6400

Ziz wheel?

That's a term for lady parts.

Looks like a cammed (eccentric) lock collar. Need to back it off.

Not real sure how to fix mine either. The new bearing comes with a “short shaft “ inside the bearing but that piece is still on my drum shaft and I’m not real sure how it comes off. The bearing race is on it as well. Do I cut deeper and longer with the ziz wheel(all the way towards the two holes) or what? Any thoughts?

Attachments

• DC5D29A9-33F0-47AB-A0F6-27CDED7F10D7.jpeg
    DC5D29A9-33F0-47AB-A0F6-27CDED7F10D7.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
  • 81E98F84-CB73-4712-9634-594014255286.png
    81E98F84-CB73-4712-9634-594014255286.png
    827.8 KB · Views: 2
Back