BANDIT opens dealership in Portland, OR

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stumper63

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Just got a brochure from Bandit today announcing they have a dealership now in the NW, in Portland, PCI Waste and Recycling Equipment.
It gives the names of the Sales, Service Tech, and Operations managers. I thought it was interesting that they are all from the Portland Vermeer dealer. Wonder how Vermeer's feeling about their guys leaving for Bandit? Guess they got better offers. Will be an interesting conversation next time I'm at Vermeer....

Should be interesting since Bandit hasn't had any footprint in Oregon before that I'm aware of, except a sales guy from time-to-time working out of his home. And the only other chipper/stumper dealership, for Carlton and Morbark, is way down in southern Oregon. Maybe the competition will heat up a little bit now.

Stumper63

Wesspur had the bandit dealership on Columbia Blvd about 15 years ago then moved to 109th and SE Division. They left Oregon a few years ago. They had Chippers and climbing gear and rayco stump grinders.

I wouldn't mind taking a look at their 44hp diesel 2450 stumper if they will stock it. Demo'd the similar machine with the 35hp vanguard 3 or 4 years ago, will see where they have gone since then. At the time the sales guy was out in Gresham I think working on his own.

What was in Bellingham?

Bellingham is where Wesspur is or was located. They split into two companies. The arborist gear, which is still available online, then the equipment side turned into another company, don't remember their name and I am not sure they are in business anymore.

Hello everyone

My name is Jarod and I am the service technician for the new Bandit dealer in Portland, Oregon, PCI Waste & Recycling Equipment. I just wanted to say hi to everybody and let everybody know that I am looking forward to serving all of our new customers. As some of you know from the service I provided when I was the field service technician at Vermeer, I stand behind my reputation and look forward to providing a better alternative for service and parts on the brush chippers, stump grinders and horizontal grinders in Oregon, Washington and Idaho no matter what brand of equipment you may have. I would love to answer any questions you may have. I intend to communicate actively on this website because I belive communication is very important with my customers. I look forward to hearing from you.

Hey Jarod, did Bandit make you take any special training? Or are you just going with the experience you have at Vermeer?

Bandit training

So far I have not had any Bandit training, but I will definetely have some training in the near future. Most of the training I received when I was with Vermeer can be transferred over to any type of equipment. Hydrualic and electrical will all be similar. I can read electircal and hydraulic schematics and have knowledge about hydraulic and electrical componenets and know how to properly test and repair them. Another aspect that is transferrable is the mechanical diagnostic and repair such and welding, fabricating, removal and installation of components. The only thing I really have to learn is the Bandit equipment and how it funtions. I will pick up on the equipment fast. I am very smart, hard working, willing to learn and have great dealer support from Bandit and my knowledgable colleagues. It is going to be awesome.

New bandit dealer

thanks for the info stumper. I looked into this. There are reasons why certain people were let go with Vermeer, some not good I heard. I doubt Vermeer is sweating Bandit. It would be like Honda sweating Hyundai lol. And now I see Vermeer finally launched a whole tree chipper, and from the looks of it, it's a beast.

So far I have not had any Bandit training, but I will definetely have some training in the near future. Most of the training I received when I was with Vermeer can be transferred over to any type of equipment. Hydrualic and electrical will all be similar. I can read electircal and hydraulic schematics and have knowledge about hydraulic and electrical componenets and know how to properly test and repair them. Another aspect that is transferrable is the mechanical diagnostic and repair such and welding, fabricating, removal and installation of components. The only thing I really have to learn is the Bandit equipment and how it funtions. I will pick up on the equipment fast. I am very smart, hard working, willing to learn and have great dealer support from Bandit and my knowledgable colleagues. It is going to be awesome.

I have a question on our Bandit 2100 stump grinder. There is a tongue that allows the rear wheels to telescope away from the main machine up to approximately 48". According to the manual, there is a receiver welded vertically to the rear axle, which allows a rod to be driven into the ground thus allowing the machine to be moved by adjusting the tongue. This is also supposed to aid you in moving the machine if you get stuck. The problem is, the front drive wheels don't freewheel at all. To use this system as described in the manual, you would have to have the front wheels skid across the ground. Any suggestions?

The only dealer/repair shop in this area got dumped by Bandit, so now we have to go to Edmonton for authorized support.

I have a question on our Bandit 2100 stump grinder. There is a tongue that allows the rear wheels to telescope away from the main machine up to approximately 48". According to the manual, there is a receiver welded vertically to the rear axle, which allows a rod to be driven into the ground thus allowing the machine to be moved by adjusting the tongue. This is also supposed to aid you in moving the machine if you get stuck. The problem is, the front drive wheels don't freewheel at all. To use this system as described in the manual, you would have to have the front wheels skid across the ground. Any suggestions?

The only dealer/repair shop in this area got dumped by Bandit, so now we have to go to Edmonton for authorized support.

I would guess it is a 30" extension since the Bandit seems to be a copy of my Carlton. On the Carlton there is a knob you turn that disengages the drive wheels. On the Rayco there are pins in the drive wheels you twist out that disengage them.

I don't use the tongue extension much, but it is there when I need it!

I would guess it is a 30" extension since the Bandit seems to be a copy of my Carlton. On the Carlton there is a knob you turn that disengages the drive wheels. On the Rayco there are pins in the drive wheels you twist out that disengage them.

I don't use the tongue extension much, but it is there when I need it!

That's the problem, there's no pins on the drive wheels and if there is a knob to disengage the drive wheels, it isn't shown in the manual and I haven't found it yet.

Congratulations...
I have always had good experieince with Bandit Chippers... they are very wellbuild durable machines... can't say the same for Vermeer... when I was young, I bought a used stump grinder from vermeer... THEY KNEW the worm gears (chain driven) were shot and the thing wouldn't go side to side. They took advantage of my youthful stupidity and I swore to never buy anything Vermeer again...

Off the topic I just bought a fully loaded Bandit 990XP and am super happy with it. Just wish they had it in white. I needed it fast and could not wait for white!

I resigned as the service technician from the Bandit dealer in Portland. I decided I was not going to help make another dealership successful for someone else. I am instead starting my own equipment and automotive repair business and provide excellent service at an affordable price. With low overhead I will be able to charge a lot less than a full fledged dealership or repair facility. It is time somebody showed these dealerships how customers should be treated and taken care of. Something to keep in mind when taking your equipment or vehicles in for repair. Just because it is a dealership or well known repair facitliy doesn't mean that the people working on your equipment or vehicles is doing a proper job or even cares about your equipment. I have worked side to side with so called proffesionals for many years and the idea the dealer or well known repair facility being the best place to take your equipment or vehicles for repairs is a joke. The work performed depends on the person and their work habbits and ethics. If people are looking for quality work, where someone is going to look out for their best interest, then I promise you that I am your best source. I am in the process of obtaining all my licenses and other necessary items to be a proper sucessful business. I will let everyone know when it is official.

I resigned as the service technician from the Bandit dealer in Portland. I decided I was not going to help make another dealership successful for someone else. I am instead starting my own equipment and automotive repair business and provide excellent service at an affordable price. With low overhead I will be able to charge a lot less than a full fledged dealership or repair facility. It is time somebody showed these dealerships how customers should be treated and taken care of. Something to keep in mind when taking your equipment or vehicles in for repair. Just because it is a dealership or well known repair facitliy doesn't mean that the people working on your equipment or vehicles is doing a proper job or even cares about your equipment. I have worked side to side with so called proffesionals for many years and the idea the dealer or well known repair facility being the best place to take your equipment or vehicles for repairs is a joke. The work performed depends on the person and their work habbits and ethics. If people are looking for quality work, where someone is going to look out for their best interest, then I promise you that I am your best source. I am in the process of obtaining all my licenses and other necessary items to be a proper sucessful business. I will let everyone know when it is official.
May I call you to get some advice about belt tightening/sheave issues with my Bandit 2100SP?

Back