• Notice to all BUYERS. You are buying at your own risk. If you do not know the seller then please be cautious and look for suspicious activity. If they ask you to mail a check/money order or pay with PayPal using the Friends and Family option, that is a RED FLAG. Your purchase will not be protected. Only pay with credit card or PayPal using the goods and services options. Do not fall for the excuse that they don't want to pay the PayPal fees. They need to account for that in their sales price.
  • To all USERS that think they need to police the site. New users that come to sell items are not always selling stolen merchandise. No vigilante or lynch mob mentality is permitted. You will be given infraction points if you accuse someone of selling stolen merchandise without hard evidence. You must have the stolen item report with a serial number and/or pictures that match the for sale item to make such accusations. Alert the moderators with your evidence and they will take care of any transgressions. If you do not you will be given enough points for a 3 day time out.
  • Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

Want to buy Bar for an 090 magnum

Cromwell

Cromwell

ArboristSite Lurker
I got an 090 magnum with a 36" bar, but I know it can pull a lot more chain. My problem is I can't find anything bigger for it. I checked the Stihl website, Oregon, Holzforma and just plain Google... Nothing.
Anybody know who would carry a compatible bar 48"-60"?

sawfun

sawfun

Addicted to ArboristSite
The Cannon 60" is way different than the 59" Stihl and a better bar. Oregon Chain Bar Repair (not Oregon Chain) will make you a bar for it and their prices were very good a year ago. The old Generals were good bars. GB and Forester make them, but they don't have the best profile and bend easily. Cannon is truly the way to go.

NewToStihl

NewToStihl

I don't mean to be the hair splitter, but just to be clear, there's no such thing as an 090 "magnum".

Based on your post, if a 4' bar is enough you can find them new and used for a decent bit less than the 5' if price is of any of any consequence to you. Stihl and many other folks offer them. Frankly, Stihl has a hard nose 47" that I find to be a great bar at a fair price. I have a used one or two in the under-five-foot range. If you're interested PM me.

NewToStihl

NewToStihl

I'm not sure why anyone is trying to lead the OP to believe Stihl bars are junk? Not all of them are. A 47" Stihl Duromatic is a great bar that performs well and will last (new or used) for many years of service.

sawfun

sawfun

Addicted to ArboristSite
I'm not sure why anyone is trying to lead the OP to believe Stihl bars are junk? Not all of them are. A 47" Stihl Duromatic is a great bar that performs well and will last (new or used) for many years of service.
The 47" hard-nosed may be good, I know the 41" Rollomatic is, but the 59" bends like a wet noodle compared to old Oregon, Cannon, and General bars. Now does it have hard rails, probably but it flexes way too much.

sawfun

sawfun

Addicted to ArboristSite
I think you'd find the Forester & GB to be flimsier yet, as they have pencil profiles. However the GB is well made with good steel and hard rails. Too bad these companies don't change the profile so it has more belly. Cannon usually has the best belly, though some of the old Oregon bars I've had a nice fat profile as well.

NewToStihl

NewToStihl

I don't think I've had a GB over around 50", but it was a nice stiff bar; heavy as hell for the length too. My 52" Oregon roller nose is a pretty fat belly bar, still thin and flimsy. Doesn't matter to me though; I'm not using that one to make horizontal cuts.

So, back to the OP. @Cromwell, have you decided on a length and found a suitable source yet?

Cromwell

Cromwell

ArboristSite Lurker
I don't think I've had a GB over around 50", but it was a nice stiff bar; heavy as hell for the length too. My 52" Oregon roller nose is a pretty fat belly bar, still thin and flimsy. Doesn't matter to me though; I'm not using that one to make horizontal cuts.

So, back to the OP. @Cromwell, have you decided on a length and found a suitable source yet?
I've all but given up looking. I needed it for a large willow removal, but the tree had so much punk in the center tgat I was able to use my 36"

green machine

green machine

ArboristSite Lurker
since they changed the oil ports they are absolute junk no grease tip on the nose and balanced like garbage

green machine

green machine

ArboristSite Lurker
I got an 090 magnum with a 36" bar, but I know it can pull a lot more chain. My problem is I can't find anything bigger for it. I checked the Stihl website, Oregon, Holzforma and just plain Google... Nothing.
Anybody know who would carry a compatible bar 48"-60"?
if you got the $ look into a windsor