Bar mod......stihl or husky to dolmar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spokerider

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Anybody done a bar mod?
Looking at making a Husqvarna bar or Stihl bar into a 14mm Dolmar mount.

A few minutes with a die grinder, relocating the oil holes........will it work?
Will the chain adjuster holes line up or will those need to be relocated too?

For the Stihl 14mm to use on the older Dolmars, all you have to do is slot the oil hole a bit. I use an 1/8" carbide bit and figure out where it needs to be slotted slightly and hold the grinder at 30 - 45 degrees and it works great. You should not have to increase the hole size however, just the oil entry path.
Probably would not work on a Husky bar.

If you want to use husky bars you will need to turn down the sholders on the studs. Also if you want to use the stihl 066 mount bars.

I also ran stihl big mounts on my 166's. Also ran husky bars with shoulders turned down on another. Then to run the big stihl bars I used spacers I made from square nuts.

Thanks for the help guys. It looks do-able then. Lots of good advice.

Does anybody know if there is a bar stud from another saw, say Husqvarna or Stihl that will work / share the same thread diameter and pitch as the Dolmar 153?
I would prefer to get a second set of bar studs and modify them, keeping the originals intact. It would appear that the 153 bar studs don't grow on trees..........

I don't know if this helps, but I just bought this bar and saw combo from Amazon for $79:. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01MY0ZGEG?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title#

I had to buy an 11/32" Cobalt drill to enlarge the chain adjuster holes to fit my Sachs Dolmar 133, then I sandwiched/bolted my old bar to the new bar and used a 4" grinder to grind the bar slots to 14mm. Fit perfectly, but now I have to add a link or two on the chain blade to get it on the drive sprocket. The oil holes are close enough.

I don't know if this helps, but I just bought this bar and saw combo from Amazon for $79:. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01MY0ZGEG?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title#

I had to buy an 11/32" Cobalt drill to enlarge the chain adjuster holes to fit my Sachs Dolmar 133, then I sandwiched/bolted my old bar to the new bar and used a 4" grinder to grind the bar slots to 14mm. Fit perfectly, but now I have to add a link or two on the chain blade to get it on the drive sprocket. The oil holes are close enough.

Update: I used two master links on a extra cutting tooth to lengthen the Oregon chain and cut a 25" elm log in about a minute and a half. See Avatar.

Latest posts

Back