Bar oil jug

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just thought I’d share something my dad turned me on to a couple of years ago. I don’t know about you guys but we’d always have spillage or overflows when filling our bar oil tanks, not a saw issue but rather trying to pour out of either the gallon or quart jugs.

Anyway, he started putting his oil into an old liquid laundry detergent jug, the small 64oz jugs. The built in pour spout works amazingly well to get the oil where it is intended. Obviously the detergent bottles get cleaned out before use. I like a clean bar and chain but that might be overkill.....

Just sharing

dccbab878b1452357d9f788eff3600c2.jpg

Travis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Been doing that for years. Just be sure to label it so someone doesn't think it's detergent. :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Seems like others have found their own unique solutions to this problem/nonproblem. That’s pretty cool. Maybe the oil manufacturers will wise up and offer better packaging..... who knows. Not really a problem but it’s neat to come up with cheap alternatives that work better than original in my opinion.

Travis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wish I would have looked at this thread a few hours earlier. I literally just filled the saw with bar oil and spilled it all over the garage floor...

I’m a dead eye dan in pouring because of being an auto mechanic for years. But I just purchased three of those new Husqvarna gas/oil spout cans. Two for my sons. There replacing the 2.5 gas can and gallon jug of bar oil. We’ll see how it goes.

I started out as a auto mechanic, then became a machinist, then became a class A machine builder. I built chuckers to manufacture disc brakes for every car truck manufacturer. When you step on your brakes your discs were made on my Bullard machine.

Then got a job running a engineering r&d test lab floor. Building dynamometers, doing r&d work, failure analysis why things broke in the field. Life testing new products. I supported the engineers.

I built machine tools for the Bullard machine tool company. Lathes with 36” chucks to 144” chucks. And built chuckers..

I really started out washing engine parts for the old man at 6 yo.

Back