Bar oil leak?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking down the bar towards the trigger you will see between the muffler and the bar a small hole. You need to look close. Clean off the area with air and take a look. If there is an opening your missing a set screw that needs to go in there. (PHOTO Attached) Seen many that leak from there. You’ll need new set screw to go in there. IMG_5314.jpg

Looking down the bar towards the trigger you will see between the muffler and the bar a small hole. You need to look close. Clean off the area with air and take a look. If there is an opening your missing a set screw that needs to go in there. (PHOTO Attached) Seen many that leak from there. You’ll need new set screw to go in there. View attachment 713287

Oh and if you do see the orange plastic plug, this is not your leaking issue :) if it’s missing you need to get a set screw from stihl. (Still looking up part #)

Funny both my 029 super and ms290 both leak bar oil when done using...
New bar oil hoses installed but stihl leaking.( I need to revisit them and check there vents!)
I know, old post but that's what happens with 2 young kids!!!
Thanks fellas for your help!

Funny both my 029 super and ms290 both leak bar oil when done using...
New bar oil hoses installed but stihl leaking.( I need to revisit them and check there vents!)
I know, old post but that's what happens with 2 young kids!!!
Thanks fellas for your help!
Oil leaks are my pet peeve, don't mind one that marks its spot after hard use, but it it dumps an entire tank just sitting on the ground is not tolerated!

Likely it is just a half pulled out oil line. But we will never know......
Found that the vent was plugged with debris and the oil cap on the 029 super was the original one and was leaking a lot of it...
No more oil leak! So see you did find out it just took a while.

Latest posts

Back