Baraboo 2017

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Looks like we need to find someone with a running Comet diesel to really complete the array of unique saws.

Mark

I have a Jonsered XA diesel but I doubt I make it up there again

I think the concept is the 3rd weeked in August each year. Google "Badger Steam and Gas Power Show" for next years schedule. They did not have the dates posted last time I looked.

Mark
Thanks, Mark. Yeah, that would be a hoot. She is a German transplant who majored in American Studies, got a couple of PhDs, teaches at UW, and I imagine she considers this a primitive redneck deal. Well, that is a big part of what made America, but not as politically correct as she is used to. LOL

I'm going to have to rethink travel plans if I try to make it next year. I just went over the account on my toll road transponder and the state of Illinois seems to think it is a fair deal for me to pay $57.70 for the privilege of driving there and back on some of there roads.

I had already altered my route to avoid a few of there tolls but trying to avoid them totally would probably add at least a hour to a already 4.5-5 hr trip.

I'm going to have to rethink travel plans if I try to make it next year. I just went over the account on my toll road transponder and the state of Illinois seems to think it is a fair deal for me to pay $57.70 for the privilege of driving there and back on some of there roads.

I had already altered my route to avoid a few of there tolls but trying to avoid them totally would probably add at least a hour to a already 4.5-5 hr trip.
That's a rip off. Wisconsin is talking about starting some tolls too, I sure hope they don't.

That's a rip off. Wisconsin is talking about starting some tolls too, I sure hope they don't.

Well if they do, I hope they don't gouge the heck out of everyone.

Indiana has one toll road, but at least it runs pretty parallel to other major highways so there are other options without driving way out of your way down pig paths..

It's modern day 'taxation without representation'. State of IL is broke, but the Tollway system (which is independent from state) is flush with cash. Does that make it a success or failure of the system? I'll go with the latter!

Mark,

I do not know what route you took. Here is a sample route with cash and it is $14.60 each way https://www.getipass.com/trip-calculator
Here it is with the I pass https://www.getipass.com/trip-calculator and it is $7.30 each way. I hate the toll roads also and rarely ever have to see one

Looks like the link did not work

PLAZA NAME TOLL
South Beloit Toll Plaza
Plaza 1 $0.95
Marengo-Hampshire Toll Plaza
Plaza 7 $1.50
Elgin Toll Plaza
Plaza 9 $0.75
I-290, Illinois 53
Plaza 15 $0.30
Army Trail Road Toll Plaza
Plaza 73 $0.95
Boughton Road Toll Plaza
Plaza 89 $0.95
Spring Creek Toll Plaza
Plaza 99 $1.90
TOTAL $7.30

Bill, that's not the route I took and i added up each toll individually that was charged and listed on my I pass statement online.

Also remember I was pulling a trailer which gets charged more.

I will never take 290 again, i come up across 80 to 355 to 88 to 39 up to 90.

If I make it up there again, i will do something different.

I'm thinking if I take the long way through Michigan, I won't even have to see the state of Illinois. Lol

Yes that route I posted was not very good. Pulling a trailer definitely adds to the cost. The calculator I used did not have a trailer option

Here is a DRW
PLAZA NAME TOLL
South Beloit Toll Plaza
Plaza 1 $3.05
Marengo-Hampshire Toll Plaza
Plaza 7 $4.80
Elgin Toll Plaza
Plaza 9 $2.40
Irving Park Road Toll Plaza
Plaza 33 $2.40
Cermak Road Toll Plaza
Plaza 35 $2.40
82nd Street Toll Plaza
Plaza 36 $2.40
163rd Street Toll Plaza
Plaza 41 $2.40
TOTAL $19.85

It just gets higher from there. That why I try to avoid that area but where you live and where Baraboo is it is very tough too avoid them. Have you every taken a ferry across the lake? I looked at doing it until I saw the cost

Back