Baraboo WI Old saw demonstration/display Badger Steam and Gas engine

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was amazed at how the crowd stuck around. As for the day thank the good lord for sand ground. That ground absorbed a ton of water and was still derivable.

Considering how bad the forecast was for the weekend and all the rain we did get, everything turned out pretty good. Thankfully James escaped a major tragedy by deciding to keep his saws on the trailer Thursday night and that saved them from being completely submerged. Roger had a few saws that ended up under water and hopefully he got those dried out and was able to save them.

A good mix of saws this year with Poulan, Pioneer and a few Remingtons making a strong appearance. Also some unique, seldom seen and very vintage saws were there too. All ways a lot to look at.

I'm going to do my best and try to post some pics from the show and if Mark could if it's possible, add names and a short description I'd very much appreciate it.

DSC06606.JPG DSC06608.JPG DSC06613.JPG DSC06615.JPG DSC06620.JPG DSC06622.JPG DSC06626.JPG DSC06627.JPG DSC06629.JPG DSC06631.JPG

I want to give a huge hats off to Kris and his dedication to getting pictures. He has done a GREAT job. He refuses to take anything for what he does. I want to say that I am willing to kick in some cash to have someone both take still pics and video everyone next year. I am the WORST at either and I truly value those who can.

Thanks, it's a way I can make a contribution to the the event and people involved in it.
Having a person dedicated to just taking videos is a good idea.

Really great pictures bud!

I loves them 82cc Remys.
0754a269f9004fedfc2de66ac247194e.jpg

We had a blast! We'll bring more saws next year and hopefully compete in some more of the different classes.
Eric
Here's a few of my favorite pics!
20160820_134833.jpg
Not bad for my first time, Super Pro 81E
20160820_125528.jpg
20160820_125758.jpg
20160820_125934.jpg

Shout out for THREE running BP1s at the same place, whoooo!
20160820_142200.jpg
Kris and his awesome hot saw

The only videos I have are from the hot saw class.

Scott "MCc" with his mc92 powered saw.

Myself, Kris "Nogoingback" with my mc101 m/c powered saw.

Roger "husqman67" with his newly acquired almost fresh out of the shipping box mc101 powered saw.

I knew this would be a pic heavy thread. Love the solo twin and KMS4 dolmar.

Thanks again for the awesome pics and videos Kris, they look better than ever.
Scott

Thanks to everybody at this show; only my second year of cutting here and I already feel at home around this awesome group of people. :clap:

I didn't take any more photos on Saturday...having too much fun to think much about it.

The weather worked out very well, even had to put my sunglasses on for part of the drive home Saturday evening.

I broke the recoil starter pulley on my 611 Twin but I now know why and should be able to prevent that from happening again.

Modified Mark's 4900 Poulan was quite a saw even if he didn't win the contest. My 4200 was a big disappointment but Kris's great photo at just the right moment makes it look like it was working.

I am already making some plans for my SP81 to make sure I can compete with Scott and Eric next year. Peter and I will also find a piece of the cant that does not have a big old knot in it.

Mark

First up is Scott (McC) who takes primary responsibility for organizing this event.

View attachment 520887

James Shimniok is a local that always brings over a hundred saws, this was a Homelite year as he alternates between Homelite and McCulloch. James and his son Shaggy (Zach) took first place in the two man event with this Disston KB7

View attachment 520888

James and another son Tyler with a Disston 211 powered by Mercury Keikhaufer.

View attachment 520889

Bob Peterson and his Mall 6 with Scott's son Peter on the other end

View attachment 520890

Bob and Pete with another Disston 211

View attachment 520891

Mike Jensen (sawhoarder) with another Disston 211, CBFarmall (Chris Bean) on the short end of the stick.

View attachment 520892

Steve King (not the congressman from Iowa) and his buddy Mark finished in second place for the two man saws with this KB6.

View attachment 520893

Roger Bennett did not have quite enough bar to get through this one

View attachment 520894

My old McCulloch 55 with the 9/16" pitch chipper chain did alright finishing in second place just 0.5 seconds behind...

View attachment 520895

Luke and his Remington Super 660

View attachment 520896

Mark

Roger with his Poulan 52, the chain wasn't sharp on one side and it didn't quite make it all the way through the log

View attachment 520898

View attachment 520898

Pete and an old Lombard throwing some chips.

View attachment 520899

James had a 10 Series McCulloch gear drive saw with no identification.

View attachment 520900

Luke and a borrowed 1-63

View attachment 520901

Chris and his Pioneer 1560, it ran a lot better after he readjusted the carburetor for the cold, wet northern weather.

View attachment 520902

My Super LG6 was a bit of a disappointment, I will have to find a different carburetor for this one.

View attachment 520903

Modified Mark and his Poulan 744

View attachment 520904

Scott with the fastest of the three BP-1 saws running this day.

View attachment 520905

My BP-1 was the second one to run, but firmly held down the third place position of the three...

View attachment 520906

Pete also had a BP-1 that finished almost 2 seconds faster than mine with the original Auto Mac self sharpening chain.

View attachment 520907[/QUOTE]

Mark

Latest posts

Back