Bark up or down?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How do you stack your firewood?

• All bark down

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • All bark up

Votes: 30 30.0%
  • Half and half

Votes: 10 10.0%
  • I dont even pay attention

Votes: 56 56.0%

• Total voters
i dont think that will hang off my belt loop like a spencer tape ,and if it did i would be pretty painted up by the end of the day

But thanks for the link now i know i dont need one now :msp_thumbup:

Nope, nobody needs one

Nope, nobody needs one

Dear Sodium ....... it's not about need . It's about................. stuff . Gotta go , my Moisture meter battery is just reading fully recharged . So, I'm ready to go out and meet hot wimens too night .
PS . those things aren't all that accurate . there have been a number of times that the MM said a lady was ready , yet I got slapped .

Dear Sodium ....... it's not about need . It's about................. stuff . Gotta go , my Moisture meter battery is just reading fully recharged . So, I'm ready to go out and meet hot wimens too night .
PS . those things aren't all that accurate . there have been a number of times that the MM said a lady was ready , yet I got slapped .

Dear impeached president

uba2uze7.jpg

It's only ok in Tennessee and Arkansas

As this thread has gone side ways ...I has some tarps that are two colored . One side is silver ,the other side is either blue ,or sometimes they are brown . Witch side of those should be towards the bark up ,or bark down wood ? Just askin , don't hate !

As this thread has gone side ways ...I has some tarps that are two colored . One side is silver ,the other side is either blue ,or sometimes they are brown . Witch side of those should be towards the bark up ,or bark down wood ? Just askin , don't hate !

I try to buy as many different color tarps as possible. And then alternate colors on the pile. Helps with the crazy redneck image I've been cultivating. Don't get nearly as many salesman or latter day saint missionaries stopping by anymore.

I try to buy as many different color tarps as possible. And then alternate colors on the pile. Helps with the crazy redneck image I've been cultivating. Don't get nearly as many salesman or latter day saint missionaries stopping by anymore.

I've found that greeting them while holding a Mingo marker ,and a moisture meter is almost as effective .But , the best way to get rid of them is to say.. "I like to burn pine ,and use a semi chisel ,semi skip tooth blade on a saw that I have now idea about releasing the brake on . I also like to steal wood ! "
Sorry for the poor punctuation. ,etc . It's just my homage to Mass. whine dude . He will be missed .

Sodium is the fat bastard diggin belly button lint 24-7, not Genius. Genius is better known as 9 1/2....fingers that is.

i'll bet cjcoon built that for u.:rock:

Na; neighbor kid it's good holding a days wood close to the house so I don't have to run out behide the barn

Now I have this in the garage so it does get used so much

IMAG0135_zps04ed423e.jpg

Instead of this

010-1.jpg

Is that a lumber pile or did you build a wall using cut-offs?

When they build apartments here they put in temp stairs; I got 240 (+/-) 2" x 8" x 5' steps from a local apartment that was being built and I cut them up for firewood

he mills his firewood so it stacks neater :msp_biggrin:

How did ya know ?

When they build apartments here they put in temp stairs; I got 240 (+/-) 2" x 8" x 5' steps from a local apartment that was being built and I cut them up for firewood

Lets see, 2/12*8/12*5*240 = 133.33 cu ft. That's a whole lot of ricks of barkless firewood!!!!!

Sodium is the fat bastard diggin belly button lint 24-7, not Genius. Genius is better known as 9 1/2....fingers that is.

That's the same and exact thing Mass whine guy said of me !
Oh yeah , ...... Dss your suggestion to go out on the interstate naked to pick up bulls was just strange .

Last edited:
All my tarps end up on the roof of my house...

I get sick of hearing the kids ##### when they get wet when it rains

Damn kids, they need everything in life... I provide a roof over their heads and they still #####

Back