• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy BARSHOP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My local dealer bought one decades ago. Being a machine builder I set it up for him.
It restores bars, closes up the worn grooves. Squares the bars. Great machine to have.

I’m not sure I’d love to have one. I use a 30” x 1” harbor freight belt sander to resquare bars. But have no way to close a wornout groove in the bar.

Here’s the bar shop.

I can square the bar rails parallel on the hf sander. The chamfer the sharp corners with a file inside or use the sander for the outside edge too.

It wouldn’t be hard to make one except for the hammer bar closer.

The 30” belt sander does the bar rails. You need to square the sanding belt table to the belt at a perfect 90 degrees. Once that’s set perfect you can clean up, make the bar rails even and square.

I use a Sander also but wonder about its precision?

I square the adjustable table to the belt at 90 degrees and it’s perfect when sanding the bar. I only sand the bar lightly once the rails are trued parallel that’s it. Then I chamfer both outer edges and chamfer the inner grooved edges with a file.

Ok it’s work in progress . I’m mounting a 4” wide x 14” long x 1/4” table to my 1” x 30” belt sander. Using four 3/8” threaded rods to support the table. I have a base plate to mount the grinder on and to support the adjustable height on the table.
These 1” x 30” belt sanders are $52 at harbor freight. I have this belt sander for 30 years.

I hope to build the bar groover, a saw chain grinder, vise to hold saws while being sharpened, overall a one stop bar maintenance center.

Latest posts

Back