battery chainsaw husqvarna 120i

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mwwusa

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I recently acquired the relatively new husqvarna 120i chainsaw. Bought at Lowe's for $50 under list. Saw has 14" bar, comes with a slow charger and 4.0 aH battery. I am very impressed with this saw. I am a homeowner so I'm not using it professionally. You can get a lot done in the 30-60 min the battery lasts. I cut thru some 20" downed trees to see how it cut and it was impressive. Smaller stuff is no problem. 3/8 lo pro .050". The saw is $249 with battery and charger. I was surprised to get such a good saw so cheap. These saws are relatively new and don't seem to be getting much attention.

I recently acquired the relatively new husqvarna 120i chainsaw. Bought at Lowe's for $50 under list. Saw has 14" bar, comes with a slow charger and 4.0 aH battery. I am very impressed with this saw. I am a homeowner so I'm not using it professionally. You can get a lot done in the 30-60 min the battery lasts. I cut thru some 20" downed trees to see how it cut and it was impressive. Smaller stuff is no problem. 3/8 lo pro .050". The saw is $249 with battery and charger. I was surprised to get such a good saw so cheap. These saws are relatively new and don't seem to be getting much attention.

Most likely they get little attention because here that saw is over €400, heavily discounted. Unless you really really want a battery chainsaw you have plenty of choices, used and new, for that price.

Most likely they get little attention because here that saw is over €400, heavily discounted. Unless you really really want a battery chainsaw you have plenty of choices, used and new, for that price.
Are you sure you aren't talking about the husqvarna 536Li XP. That saw is their professional model, has been out for several years, and it is very expensive. The 120i is a new saw focused more on the homeowner and not the professional. It is about 1/3 the cost of the 536.

Are you sure you aren't talking about the husqvarna 536Li XP. That saw is their professional model, has been out for several years, and it is very expensive. The 120i is a new saw focused more on the homeowner and not the professional. It is about 1/3 the cost of the 536.

No mate, Husqvarna dropped price on the 536Li so much here it's now only slightly more expensive than the 120i: you can find the 536 on eBay for about €550 shipped.
Husky has been dropping prices like crazy on pro-grade equipment over the last three/four months here but has kept homeowner/farm equipment prices high, resulting in some pretty serious distortions, such as the 550XP being actually cheaper than the 545... :dizzy:

No mate, Husqvarna dropped price on the 536Li so much here it's now only slightly more expensive than the 120i: you can find the 536 on eBay for about €550 shipped.
Husky has been dropping prices like crazy on pro-grade equipment over the last three/four months here but has kept homeowner/farm equipment prices high, resulting in some pretty serious distortions, such as the 550XP being actually cheaper than the 545... :dizzy:
That is interesting. I have not seen the ebay prices for the 536Li XP drop much here in US. Does that mean Husqvarna is coming out with a new version to replace the 536Li XP? Any info on that if it is about the happen?

That is interesting. I have not seen the ebay prices for the 536Li XP drop much here in US. Does that mean Husqvarna is coming out with a new version to replace the 536Li XP? Any info on that if it is about the happen?

I think it's just part of their ongoing sales war with Stihl and, to a lesser degree, the Japanese (meaning Yamabiko and Makita).
Stihl here always run two promotional campaigns a year on homeowner/farm equipment, but last year they also authorized some dealerships (those shifting the most metal) to offer unusually large discounts on pro-grade equipment. This year it has been Husqvarna's turn.
I am not so well informed about Husqvarna because they have no local dealership but the Honda one (power equipment/engines) also sells J'red and can get Huskies and spare parts no problem.

Back