BBBRRRRRRRRR, post up your low temp this am and your whereabouts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@4:30 CST it is a chilly 52° here in SW Louisiana

might even need to turn on some heat.

It be -20° here in Johnstown NY.. give or take a couple degrees
fire.gif

Last edited:
It looks like our cold snap is over, after lows of -32, -15, and -24 for the past three mornings its finally above zero with 10 degrees this morning.

-10 in Binghamton, NY

Am I crazy to have fed the stove with small, hot fires every 2-3 hours since yesterday evening to keep us in the upper 60's on average in the house?

-10 in Binghamton, NY

Am I crazy to have fed the stove with small, hot fires every 2-3 hours since yesterday evening to keep us in the upper 60's on average in the house?

Nope. I did fed mine about every 4hrs to keep it around 525 degrees stove top and 72 in the house

-8 when I got up this morning but we are already at about +9 now. In all honesty though I don't really notice a difference between single digits and below 0 until you start to get double digit below 0. It all just feels cold.

-12 here in Ulster County NY.

I ran my stove the same as GreenGiant over the weekend. Just put a couple pieces in at a time and let her rip. I can't really fill the stove and run it wide open cause it will really take off and get too hot.

Back