BBQ Sauce and Dry Rub Recipes

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I figured the vinegar wouldn't show well. Looks like they liked the peach one:sweet:
20180923_113552.jpg
20180923_113544.jpg

ribs and loin
rub concoction, 1/4 cup each of raw sugar, kosher salt and smoked paprika, 3 tbsp garlic powder 1 tbsp black pepper, 1 tbsp onion powder, 1/2 tsp cyanne, 1/2 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp chilli powder.
i'm still expiermenting with it but everyone so far likes this

Attachments

• smoker.jpg
    smoker.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 7
After messing around with many wood species, hickory is my all around wood of choice now too. Also, after trying many home made and store bought rubs, I realized they're all very similar and just buy the big shaker of bbq rub at Gordon's. Your smoker and process makes a much bigger impact on the final product than a pinch more or less of the basic spices.

When I'm in a hurry for a dry rub mix I reach for two primary ingredients out of the cupboard then augment as the will and whim take me:

1-part brown sugar
1-part Old Bay Seasoning

Typically I'll augment with a few of the following. Never the same. John Wayne shoot from the hip.

Paprika
Onion powder
Garlic powder
Mustard powder
Red and/or Black pepper
Kosher salt

The Old Bay has much of what the typical rub contains. Why not make life easy.

If you want to try something crazy, base your dry rub around an Indian Tandoori spice.

ribs and loin
rub concoction, 1/4 cup each of raw sugar, kosher salt and smoked paprika, 3 tbsp garlic powder 1 tbsp black pepper, 1 tbsp onion powder, 1/2 tsp cyanne, 1/2 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp chilli powder.
i'm still expiermenting with it but everyone so far likes this

did this week or so back... then had with my in-house bbq sauce.... tasty!
P2150036.JPG

After messing around with many wood species, hickory is my all around wood of choice now too. Also, after trying many home made and store bought rubs, I realized they're all very similar and just buy the big shaker of bbq rub at Gordon's. Your smoker and process makes a much bigger impact on the final product than a pinch more or less of the basic spices.

plan on using hickory next time, too

When I was a kid a friend of my father smoked chicken halves on a pig cooker at a beer joint about every other weekend. His sauce was almost clear. I think his sauce was pretty simple. White vinegar and white wine vin., butter, crushed cayenne pepper, black pepper and salt. He would have a big pot of the sauce steaming in the cooker. After the chicken cooked for a while he would open the lid and dunk every piece in the sauce, drain a moment over the pot then turn and smoke some more. He would repeat this dunk/turn/smoke 4 or 5 times for an hour or more and then spoon the sauce over the chicken on the plate when served. His chicken was outstanding, golden brown and a serious tangy, peppery bite. I remember sipping the sauce off the plate w a spoon! I think I might have the recipe somewhere and I'll try to post it soon.

am interested in all brown sugar based BBQ sauce recipes... :)
Here is a barbecue sauce recipe. It’s my bbq sauce recipe for a sweet and spicy barbecue sauce. This can also make a great base to start your own BBQ sauce.

You can make this recipe and then add a few more ingredients to make it your own… or you can use it as-is (that’s what I do)!

• 16 oz Tomato Sauce
  • 16 oz Ketchup
  • 12 oz Chili Sauce
  • 1 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
  • 1 cup Brown Sugar
  • 1 cup Corn Syrup
  • 1/2 cup Honey
  • 1 TBS Worcestershire Sauce
  • 1 TBS Soy Sauce
  • 1/2 cup Dry Rub
  • 1 TBS Hot Sauce
In a large pot combine the above ingredients over medium heat.

Be sure to stir really well to incorporate the brown sugar and dry spices.

Simmer for 30 minutes and stir often.

You can use this recipe for BBQ Ribs, BBQ Chicken and BBQ Pork. And it’s really great for those pulled pork sandwiches at home.

Malcom Reed ps this is a malcom reed recipe just a copy and past from youtube. but try it.

Back