BC625 Chipper Air in Hydraulic system

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimholly

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
My BC625A chipper is getting air (cavitation) in the hydraulic system. Everything seemed to be sealed between the hydraulic tank and the pump, but I replaced the hose just to be safe. Still getting air.

Now I'm thinking I need to replace the pump.

The Vermeer parts manual describes this as Part Number: 113879-001, Description: Pump-Gear .366 CIR W9a106L3C01.

I understand it cost $540 from Vermeer.

Anyone have any better ideas? Are they rebuildable? Anyone know how I might figure out a different (cheaper) replacement pump?

Thanks

Hi Jim,

The air in the lines usually goes away quickly as the hydraulic cap is vented. Once the pump cycles the fluid through the lines, the air is released through the cap. Our hydraulic rebuilder usually takes 1 week and it's usually worth the wait if you can wait that long. I might be able to help with a new one. The Vermeer numbers is their number that they use for the pump. Is there a tag are numbers on the pump? If so, is there a brand name as well?

Thanks,

Dave
Global Equipment Exporters
770-420-6400

+1 ^
I replaced the feed roller speed regulator on a BC1000XL. Vermeer price was $600+, found a new OEM part on Amazon for $180. The OEM pn was cast in the regulator housing.

Vermeer and their proprietary part numbers!!! I cuss our rep Everytime I see him. Do some research and break out the calipers... Cheaper parts are available... Much cheaper. Screw Vermeer!

Back