BCS tiller review

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been using BCS products for 30 years, professionally. The machines are clunky, poorly built and very awkward to use. The company is so inept you would do best to avoid doing any business with them. They don't know their own parts. Their parts distribution is very limited and the cost of the parts is preposterous. I just paid $150 for a mower front caster wheel, and it didn’t even fit! I waited six months for the wheel to arrive. My experience with BCS has been a nightmare.
BCS are not all that tough as I went into a dealer about 7 or 8 years ago and one had the case shear where the gearbox is connected to it. I do like the diesel optioned model, but not the price. I guess i will stick with my seniority like new belt drive MTD for $300 like new. It has a swivel handle, and can rotate the tines forward or in reverse. Plus a nice transmission range. I think you this is fine for up to an acre easily prolly a good deal more depending on soil.

Ours is still going strong. plastic is getting faded thats all. I think it may need new tines. I think it actually spins to fast for its own good. The tines wear out prematurely.

Back