• ArboristSite has decided that due to the abusive interactions users are having with each other in the political forum, we will no longer be providing a place to talk politics on this forum. Any political posts will be deleted once discovered or reported to us. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
www.harvesterbars.com

Bee hives

AGoodSteward

AGoodSteward

Power Head
Never have much luck getting them down whole. They're fragile. If you cut the branch it's on, it usually blasts it when it lands. Rope the branch down.

Mad Professor

Mad Professor

Addicted to ArboristSite
That far off the ground they are not going to bother anything, except maybe a squirrel.

I just got done dealing with some ground nests and one in the wall of my porch. I did some reading and they will not use the nest a 2nd year, let winter do it's thing.

Reactions: ATH
NIP Group
xrockdawgx

xrockdawgx

ArboristSite Member
Well it rained so much here the last two weeks it fell down sometime during the night. :(
Another hive another year.

xrockdawgx

xrockdawgx

ArboristSite Member
The neighbor is not an enemy... she is an ancient. Very sweet, very talkative, but struggling to understand why me being on crutches is preventing me from cutting trees for her.

I want to find a hive and find a way to preserve it and have it as a show piece/display/ornamemtwhatever you call something you have hanging on the wall.

Mad Professor

Mad Professor

Addicted to ArboristSite
The neighbor is not an enemy... she is an ancient. Very sweet, very talkative, but struggling to understand why me being on crutches is preventing me from cutting trees for her.

I want to find a hive and find a way to preserve it and have it as a show piece/display/ornamemtwhatever you call something you have hanging on the wall.
Spray it down with permethrin. They will be DOA next day. But wait a few more to be sure/no new hatches. Cut off branch for a hanger.

I did one this summer that set up right over my garage door. Nest was attached to wall/overhang above door. I could take it off with a big paint scraper if you want it?

lone wolf

lone wolf

MS 200T King
Spray it down with permethrin. They will be DOA next day. But wait a few more to be sure/no new hatches. Cut off branch for a hanger.

I did one this summer that set up right over my garage door. Nest was attached to wall/overhang above door. I could take it off with a big paint scraper if you want it?
Love the Permethrin 36 percent and my commercial sprayer!

Mad Professor

Mad Professor

Addicted to ArboristSite
Where do you source the 36%, and is it only permethrin?

Best I can find is 10% 0r 13.3% at farmer supply stores. I use that diluted for insects and diluted to 0.5% for tick spray on clothing.

xrockdawgx

xrockdawgx

ArboristSite Member
Where do you source the 36%, and is it only permethrin?

Best I can find is 10% 0r 13.3% at farmer supply stores. I use that diluted for insects and diluted to 0.5% for tick spray on clothing.
All of our military uniforms come pretreated with permethrin. I have to run them thru the was about 30 times before I even out them on. Not sure if it's the permethrin or the frame retardant treatment or a combination of the two, but my skin does not react well at all to a new uniform.