Been robbed. Five saws stolen.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaddBomber

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
On Friday August 9th at 5:32pm my security cameras recorded a person knocking on my front door. Nine minutes later I arrived home and discovered my shop had been robbed.
Door kicked in, metal cabinets pried open, cable locks cut.
Saws stolen:
1998 Jonsered 2065 w/ 78cc ported BB wearing a 36" bar.
1989 Stihl 011av with bad coil.
2019 Stihl MS261c with black cylinder cover
Two 1980's McCulloch Mac 10-10s.
I was left with only my MS260 (pro). It broke my heart, as the Jonsered was my father's, and the 011 was my first saw.
This happened in Hope Mills NC, in the south eastern part of the state.
The thief has been identified, but unless he's caught with stolen items, he will walk. I don't have much hope in ever seeing my beloved saws again.
If any of you could keep an eye out, I'd pay to get them back.
The Jonsered 2065 has a 2165/2171 style cyl cover with the quick release air filter cover and red squirrel chew marks on gas tank/handle. Plus it's oil tank leaks under the exhaust which creates a plume of smoke when up to temp (I have the gaskets and bearings to split the case)
Stihl 261c has a dyed (not painted) cyl cover.
Stihl 011av has a spliced plug wire (fail).
Any help will he greatly appreciated!

Police are on it. Had sheriffs and CSI officer here whom dusted for prints. Detective assigned to case has put the serial numbers into LEADS system. I've been checking pawn shops, Facebook, craigslist.....
I'm trying.

That's awful! I live over in Elizabethtown, NC, about 30 miles from you and if I see any saws I think might be yours for sale I'll let you know.

Thank you! He's fairly local with family in Florida. He hit me on a Friday evening, and could've hopped on rt95. No telling where they are. I appreciate it though. Truly.

I am SO sorry, unreal that you were alerted and there in nine minutes and... but... if you got there earlier, might have been violence.

I got golf stuff stolen one time, immediately went to the NEAREST pawn shop and I'll be damned if my stuff was not there. The pawn shop was playing dumb (seems to me) but I kept on and on and a guy stuck his head out the back of the attached shop and said, "Is this your golf bag?" (I had very valuable golf clubs stolen, including a putter that won a world championship.) The clubs cost $1,500 and the pawner got $15. They had his ID, the police knew who he was... and did NOTHING. The world can suck. (But I got my golf clubs back... hope you get your saws.) Your thief might've been high on meth or who knows what and pawned it quick as he could for little of nothing like my situation.

What really sucks is that he knew what was in the shed. How did he know what was in the shed?
Unless your a small business outfit you gotta wonder who saw it and who they might have told.
Makes you also wonder who in your neighbourhood is a scumbag?

They clearly targeted you and know who you are and what you have... At any rate im in Georgia but ill still keep an eye for a bunch of saws up for sale. I have passed on some great deals on saws just because the listing is clearly stolen goods. It makes me sad.

I had a 12 foot fishing boat stolen. It was upside down out behind my folks dairy barn and few family knew it was there.
It was recovered after the pawn shop sold it and the guy who bought it could not come up with the signed registration from the seller. the police were called and given the name and address of the person who had bought the boat from the *&(*T^R%E^*((**& Pawn shop. I got my boat back, found out it was a friend of my nephew who had seen it and knew my folks wer enot home for a week.

Law would not do any thing to the pawn shop for recieveing stolen property but would have if it would have just been a person who had bought it.
the pawn shop had voliated severl laws too.

Hate the places and think they should be outlawed.

:D Al

The suspect's name is Clay Carpenter. He's been in jail twice before for felony larceny of "tools".
It absolutely feels like I was targeted. Yet he only took saws with bars on them. He left a woods ported and MModded MS260 power head that was sitting on a shelf, unlocked.
That being said, the only people I've let in my shop was a neighbor, whom is a preacher and an overall extremely nice guy. And a tech from the local small engine dealer. Hope Mills Saw & Mower. They were picking up my lawn tractor for warranty work.
I'm not pointing fingers, or attributing guilt. Perhaps someone overhead what the tech had seen. 70cc saws are very rare down here, especially with a 36" bar.
Thanks for all the help and suggestions.

I also always carry a pistol. My "snake gun".
Hope Mills is right next to Fayetteville, which is a cesspool of crime.

Back