Been robbed. Five saws stolen.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Put as much pressure as you can on the police to keep looking, and checking with other knows crooks, there's snitches out there that would turn their mothers in for a dime. You just have to find the right person who will roll over on the guy for the right money. Let anyone you know, there's a reward for information on your saws and where they might be.

I had a rifle stolen one time, i told my daughter who was 15 at the time that when she went to school to let it be known that there was a reward for any information on who had my rifle. Three day's later i get a call , and was given 2 kid's names, the police went to their house. They had sold it to a x con, for 25 bucks. The police when down confronted the xcon, he gave it to them. He was a felon and i should have pressed charges against him for possessing a stolen firearm. And, i should have pressed charges against the 2 kids as well.

I should add, i was told by the local police there was about 2% chance in getting my rifle back, its like they were trying to discourage me into following up on it. Said, it was probably already out of town. One thing i'll add, no matter what, PRESS CHARGES, leave a paper trail on who ever stole it if they get caught. The problem is, too many thieves get off with a verbal reprimand and that's it. It took me almost 3 months to get my rifle back from the police dept. But, i did get it back, eventually.

Sorry to hear about your saws. Really sucks. I have had a car stolen from me and later found it was stripped down to nothing. I know how it feels.

Thinking about your Dads saw really strikes an extra nerve. I have my Dads Mac PM610 on my shelf and if it were ever stolen would really break my heart. It’s a sentimental thing.

I am in Concord,NC just outside of Charlotte and will keep and eye out this way.

Thieves should be caught, tied up and the total shi* beat out of them.

Azzhols. Im 18 miles north of Greensboro. I am always checking the local adds and will keep my eyes open. They got my generator last year. We had a new ac installed last month and they where in and out of my basement all day, about five of them and they took note of what I had because they asked about them. Camera's went up promptly and deadbolt added to the solid oak door. I blame drugs for most of these thefts.

Start chopping hands F**K it. Maybe a couple fingers for 1st offence then a hand from then on. What ever happened to public shaming. Put them in a stock head bail for a week with a big sign with name and what you Stole. Also buckets of stuff to throw.. ok seems grim but if my 3 year old saw a man down the main street like that he would never ever ever steel nothing ever. "Community detention" before your jail time.

Hope you get your saws back mate

Start chopping hands F**K it. Maybe a couple fingers for 1st offence then a hand from then on. What ever happened to public shaming. Put them in a stock head bail for a week with a big sign with name and what you Stole. Also buckets of stuff to throw.. ok seems grim but if my 3 year old saw a man down the main street like that he would never ever ever steel nothing ever. "Community detention" before your jail time.

Hope you get your saws back mate

Yep!! I think loosing some fingers or a hand would make people think twice, this slap on the wrist BS doesn’t do squat.

Yep!! I think loosing some fingers or a hand would make people think twice, this slap on the wrist BS doesn’t do squat.

Exactly man. Same **** down here in nz and it's usually methamphetamine related.

The deterrent factor to others would be huge.. what happened to your fingers the 10 year old boy asks? He ain't never going to pinch stuff. 10 years of this kind of punishment mite be all it takes.

Cheaper too on the tax payer. A sharp axe a block of wood and a box full of antibiotics

Exactly man. Same **** down here in nz and it's usually methamphetamine related.

The deterrent factor to others would be huge.. what happened to your fingers the 10 year old boy asks? He ain't never going to pinch stuff. 10 years of this kind of punishment mite be all it takes.

Cheaper too on the tax payer. A sharp axe a block of wood and a box full of antibiotics
Nah! A dull axe and skip the antibiotics.

Update*
Just got off the phone with the sheriff's office. They have positively identified the suspect. Clay William Carpenter Jr born July 22 1981 He's currently in violation of parole for a previous felony larceny.
He's staying with his mother in Fayetteville NC. Sheriff's have applied for a warrant, and will be executing it ASAP.
Fingers crossed that my saws are there. I have previously provided serial numbers and pics.

Update*
Just got off the phone with the sheriff's office. They have positively identified the suspect. Clay William Carpenter Jr born July 22 1981 He's currently in violation of parole for a previous felony larceny.
He's staying with his mother in Fayetteville NC. Sheriff's have applied for a warrant, and will be executing it ASAP.
Fingers crossed that my saws are there. I have previously provided serial numbers and pics.
Post some pics from the surveillance footage.

Police are on it. Had sheriffs and CSI officer here whom dusted for prints. Detective assigned to case has put the serial numbers into LEADS system. I've been checking pawn shops, Facebook, craigslist.....
I'm trying.

I'm amazed that they dusted for prints! Could be because you knew who the perp was, so matching the prints became easy. Seems like matching prints on the right items at the scene could lead to a conviction, especially if one of the reported missing serial number saws shows up somewhere.

Update*

GOOD DEAL!! hope you get some satisfaction, and your saws back, if he has them.

Really sad when you work for what you have,then some low life will steal a couple grand worth of tools,and sell them for $50 for a dang pill.WV has become the meth capital of the world,and gets worse all the time.Good luck on putting that guy away,and hopefully you at least get your dads saw back.

Update*

Really hope you get your saws back. Especially the Jred that was your Dads. Things like that can’t be replaced.

Update*
Seems like Mr. Carpenter likes other people's possessions....

Back