Beginner where to learn in WI

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zze86

Reaction score
Hello,

I am looking for somewhere in the WI area that teaches how to climb. If anybody could give recommendation that would be most appreciated.

I was actually putting together a new hunting climber/stand setup and have decided to go with a tree saddle setup, I just am not satisfied with a treestand/climber. Specifically I was looking at the New Tribe Walkabout. I have straps and carabiners from my huntng safety harness already but thought I'd buy some climbing rope anyways to play the setup. While I was doing so I figured since I am buying this stuff anyways I would love to learn how to just climb trees in general, just another opportunity to enjoy the outdoors. Plus, who knows, the knowledge might come in handy while hunting some day.

I would like to learn with some instruction though, I think it would be a confidence booster to know that the knots I am tying and my setups that are meant to keep my @$$ nice and round instead of flat meet with approval from someone who knows what they are doing.

Thanks in advance!

-Chee

Hello,

I am looking for somewhere in the WI area that teaches how to climb. If anybody could give recommendation that would be most appreciated.

I was actually putting together a new hunting climber/stand setup and have decided to go with a tree saddle setup, I just am not satisfied with a treestand/climber. Specifically I was looking at the New Tribe Walkabout. I have straps and carabiners from my huntng safety harness already but thought I'd buy some climbing rope anyways to play the setup. While I was doing so I figured since I am buying this stuff anyways I would love to learn how to just climb trees in general, just another opportunity to enjoy the outdoors. Plus, who knows, the knowledge might come in handy while hunting some day.

I would like to learn with some instruction though, I think it would be a confidence booster to know that the knots I am tying and my setups that are meant to keep my @$$ nice and round instead of flat meet with approval from someone who knows what they are doing.

Thanks in advance!

-Chee
My son goes to school in Madison. I would be happy to meet you there or you could come to Waterloo?, I am safe if not an expert

Latest posts

Back