Beginners liability insurance?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nathanael G South

Streecare
Reaction score
Hi, I know this question has to get asked alot. But I've come here to get advice on finding a insurance company to cover a tree removal business I've just started. Looking for $1 mil liability. Not "trimming" but full removals. I'm experienced but decided to go out on my own. Anyone else recently started & found liability insurance at a decent rate? Thanks.

If you currently buy insurance for anything else, start with them. Otherwise, you just have to pick up the phone and shop around if your looking for cheapest. If you're able to deal with an insurance broker, they do the shopping around for you.

If you currently buy insurance for anything else, start with them. Otherwise, you just have to pick up the phone and shop around if your looking for cheapest. If you're able to deal with an insurance broker, they do the shopping around for you.

Thank you for the reply. I got one from progressive commercial for 380 down and 120 a month. Does that seem pretty fair ?

Doesn't sound too excessive to me. I think rates may vary across the country. Whats really important is that they have a good understanding of the work you do and that you understand what is and isn't covered in the policy. Ask a lot of questions and make sure youre buying the coverage you need.

Doesn't sound too excessive to me. I think rates may vary across the country. Whats really important is that they have a good understanding of the work you do and that you understand what is and isn't covered in the policy. Ask a lot of questions and make sure youre buying the coverage you need.

Well turns out they didnt fully understand what I did and that was a quote for trimming only. Now I'm at a hault. I cant seem to find coverage anywhere

Ya, insurance doesnt make sense sometimes. Tree removals is somewhere between landscaping and logging on their risk scale. Make sure they know your not logging, if you aren't. You'll probably have the best luck going and talking with someone vs over the phone.

Check out arbormax.net. Their ad in the TCIA magazine says "the only insurance program endorsed by the Tree Care Industry Association."

And let us know what they say. :)

Back