Belt and rope on my next list

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
clearance said:
Always a steelcore flipline, always. Dakota, you can cut right through a steelcore flipline with a sharp 020 (but it won't be sharp anymore), I have done it in a moment of stupidity, luckily I was tied in with my rope.

If you can cut right through steelcore with an 020, then why bother with them?

Thanks for the info. i did look at them close and then again when you wrote this. I can see where they have been on asphalt alittle but it dont see lik emuch wear is on them from that. I also dont see any place where the heel part is wore flat. I can tell they have some wear on them but no more than what we have at work (in which we share). Also I think they were a tree guys due to the belt that was sitting there next to had the same flipline and rope for a chainsaw on it. They wanted $39 for the belt but it was one size to small for me.
I did wonder alittle about aluminum ,due to my weight but i've heard they are all rated around the same.
I found spikes for $59 at the Sherril site,seems to be cheapest.

the bad stuff you hear about ladders is about ladders left in trees while working. Once you gain access to the tree, the ladder is removed by groundcrew. I get the job done right with ladders, whether a removal or pruning. Of course, on removals, i wear spikes once tied in and off the ladder. Ladders are the only efficient answer for a large percentage of a residential arborists work.

Latest posts

Back