Bend resistant bars

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miko0618

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Hello. I find that i bend my longer oregon bars pretty regularly. Either cutting stumps or bucking up large rounds. Is there a more bend resistant bar out there? I just get the cheap oregon bars because i bend them but maybe thats why they bend lol. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have ran stihl bars, total, tsmuri, sugi, husky (possibly made by oregon) and the only one I bent was a stihl bar on a 250 trying to free a saw with a 40k pound bulldozer. How are you bending them? Maybe a technique change might help.

Have ran stihl bars, total, tsmuri, sugi, husky (possibly made by oregon) and the only one I bent was a stihl bar on a 250 trying to free a saw with a 40k pound bulldozer. How are you bending them? Maybe a technique change might help.

I think its torsion when the stump rolls off of the saw. Or bucking up big logs that shift when the separate. Its not that they bend in half or anything but just enough that they dont go through the cut smooth

I think its torsion when the stump rolls off of the saw. Or bucking up big logs that shift when the separate. Its not that they bend in half or anything but just enough that they dont go through the cut smooth

You shouldn't really be bending bars like that all the time. We very rarely bend bars on any size saw. Are you sure the bars are bending or is it maybe that you're starting to have some burrs build up on the edges of the bar and it's just not moving through the logs very easily? That's happened to me plenty of times over the years. Just take it off with a flat file and it runs like new.

Back