BEST 60cc saw ever built !!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok my 2 cents . I loved my Dolmar 6000i and 6800i than Jonsered 670’s I felt were a little stronger but than I started to cut with a Jonsered auto tune 2260... that was the best in my hands maybe not the strongest but nicest feeling AND know the Echo 620 is super smooth !!! I just rebuilt a 034 Super that is pretty decent ..,, so of all my 60 somethings ... pretty tough question. Nothing killed my Dolmars.. sold them when I started to play with the 670’s. It is a pretty close race between the 2260 and echo 620 right now .
The 2260 needed a carb update so I decided to buy the interface and learn how to download etc. once the new carb fixed the idle issue it has been very reliable .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Small issue, but Not really that big a deal. The interwebs have magnified the issue.
I do not agree with that statement sir ... Lotsa husqvarnas being produced that don’t pass muster ... Poor Q.C. Control is my observation ... I’ll stick with me STIHL chainsaws thank ya very much ! No problems with em and they take well to modification(s) !

I do not agree with that statement sir ... Lotsa husqvarnas being produced that don’t pass muster ... Poor Q.C. Control is my observation ... I’ll stick with me STIHL chainsaws thank ya very much ! No problems with em and they take well to modification(s) !
And your observation comes from reading forum posts. No practical experience as usual. Just reposting **** that you have read. Hop back on that short bus jr!

Weird **** around here.
Yeppers ... this Flabz guy is dumber than a stump and a pretty Chitty troll to say the least ! He needs to go back from whence he came ‘for les chats rip him to shreds !

Yeppers ... this Flabz guy is dumber than a stump and a pretty Chitty troll to say the least ! He needs to go back from whence he came ‘for les chats rip him to shreds !
Keep telling yourself this and it will become the truf like every other false claim in your life

well ya all, i will stick with my Dolmars ( well nowdays Dolitas) as they have been very good performers for me . Wore out my 116SI- have a pair of 64xx units and a pair 79xx units. My oldest 7900 blew a base gasket after a hard knock- only problem its ever had in 18+ years. One of the 64xx wears the blue and gray ( makita) that was a HD cast off- carb rebuild and a new oil pump been fine ever since. My old Dolmar 112 ( 51cc- late 80's vintage)) is still chugging along as well. I sold the 116si as a parts saw as i could not find a couple parts to repair it at the time. 3, 60cc saws is a bit redundant any way for one guy.

Stihl 041FB is one great saw with an excellent powerband.Run one against anything you want in that class and it will impress you.Maybe not the top saw in this class, since it's pushing 40 yrs. old, but the one to judge the others by.
MY UNCLE WALTER OUT IN TURNERS FALLS RAN ONE FOR 30+ YEARS AND HEATED HIS HOUSE WITH IT UNTIL IT WAS WAS STOLEN. WONDERFUL SAW !

The Lord knows I love my 041 and it's a great saw, but it won't cut with a 6401.
But the 61 Husky is no slouch either!
HAD BOTH...GREAT SAWS BUT I LOVE MY 262 !
NOW HAVE THE ECHO TIMBER WOLF. SAME DISPLACEMENT. IMPRESSED SO FAR. BUT WITH HELP MAY EXCEED THE 262.
JUST GOT ANOTHER OLD THROW AWAY 261 !

The Lord knows I love my 041 and it's a great saw, but it won't cut with a 6401.
But the 61 Husky is no slouch either!
HAD BOTH...GREAT SAWS BUT I LOVE MY 262 !
NOW HAVE THE ECHO TIMBER WOLF. SAME DISPLACEMENT. IMPRESSED SO FAR. BUT WITH HELP MAY EXCEED THE 262.
JUST GOT ANOTHER OLD THROW AWAY 261
Old thread, 11 year later the 262xp will always be my fav, and I still love my 357xp's.

But my truck always has a 361 in it for the last so many years, And its only been seeing less work since the 500i became the best 60cc saw, by weight.

You guys are hard core was looking for best advice for a guy that cuts for his self and not a lumberjack
DILL....IF YOU CAN STAND THE SOUND AND NO ANTIVIBE THE OLD BLUE BOY HOMELITES ARE HARD TO BEAT. AND CHEAP. SEE RAY ON GOOD MORNING THREAD.

I'll put a ported 359 right with the 357xp. Basically same saw cept for a few bits.The cylinder of the 59 isn't as good a quality, but when ported they are extremely impressive!!!
LOL...RATTLER TRADED ME HIS 268 FOR A RIGHTEOUS 61.
JUST RAN THE HELL OUT OF IT. WITH IT MY 79 AND A FRIENDS NEW MS 500I WE DID 83 CORDS CUT SPLIT AND DELIVERED IN 5 WEEKS !
ALSO USED MY 56 EFCO, 262, AND JERRY MYERS MIGHTY MOUSE 026 ON SMALLER LOGS '14 AND LESS. YOU WANT A GRIN....RUN ONE OF THEM ! LOL

LOL...RATTLER TRADED ME HIS 268 FOR A RIGHTEOUS 61.
JUST RAN THE HELL OUT OF IT. WITH IT MY 79 AND A FRIENDS NEW MS 500I WE DID 83 CORDS CUT SPLIT AND DELIVERED IN 5 WEEKS !
ALSO USED MY 56 EFCO, 262, AND JERRY MYERS MIGHTY MOUSE 026 ON SMALLER LOGS '14 AND LESS. YOU WANT A GRIN....RUN ONE OF THEM ! LOL
JUST REMEMBERED RUNNING LEES 116I DOLMAR AT HIS GTG A FEW YEARS BACK. THAT IS ONE SWEET SAW.
AND ROBIN WILL ARGUE HIS OLD JOHNNIES. I REMEMBER RUNNING THEM IN THE 70S AND THEY WERE SOME SWEET SAWS. AND WE HAVENT MENTIONED THE LOMBARDS AND PIONEERS WE USED UP IN MAINE IN THE EARLY 70S UP NEAR RANGELY.
ALSO THE SAW THAT CHANGED THE WORLD THE 162 ! MADE THE CEMETARY DOWN OTIS WITH IT. FRIEND SEAN HAS A CHERRY ONE WITH HEATED HANDLES. !

Well if you are a bloke that considers weight as a factor the best 60cc saw is and will be a Ms 462 .

Attachments

• 20201118_034950.jpg
    20201118_034950.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 25
Back