BEST 60cc saw ever built !!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm looking for a saw in this size and so far I have the 361 and the 6401 as choices. I like that I could upgrade the 6401 with a piston/cylinder swap and have a beast of a saw.

:chainsawguy:

:agree2: At 4.8hp it's the strongest stock 60cc saw I've ever ran.:cheers:

I have never ran a 262xp, but I think the 6000 dolmar would hang with it or the 361.
The 6000 was only rated at 4.2 hp but my 6400 says 4.7 and I think the 6000 is every bit as strong as it. The 6000 may not be as fast as the others but itll hang in there and not bog with the best of them. I did run the 6000 side by side the 6400, about even but I still think the torque of the 6000 is awesome!

Just my opinion like I said I have not ran the 262 or 361!

For an older saw I like the Oleo Mac 264 F Deluxe, built solid to last, I'll have to
try a MS 361 one day just to see what all the fuss is about,

264RHMedium.jpg

BEST 60cc saw ever built???

the best 60cc saw i have run across? none other than "The Prince of Saws", tha Redman 621.

attachment.php

if i told you how fast it was cuttin' those cookies, well, you prolly wouldnt believe me anyways.

:cheers:

Last edited:
I'm looking for a saw in this size and so far I have the 361 and the 6401 as choices. I like that I could upgrade the 6401 with a piston/cylinder swap and have a beast of a saw.

:chainsawguy:

I've had both and ran both a bit.let's just say the 361 doesn't live here any more but the 6400 is staying

The 041AV. Purely because I have one, and haven't tried any of the other saws in this thread. Though once the 361s are 30 years or so old, I might pick one up for cheap...

I have a 036 stihl that is great and a husqvarna 262xp, both very good. All stock but will not hang with the dolmar.

:agree2: Have not ran the 116 but have ran the 6000 alot and had a 115i awesome torque. I dont think you can beat the old dolmars, other saws may be faster but I think the old dolmars will pass them up when your in a big log!

Im not believing the rating of 4.8hp on the 262xp. My 6401 was only 4.7, and it would have NO problem spanking either one. Neither would the 365. We have two at work, in great shape, and they don't impress me if that is their real power rating. They are good for their light weight though. Our 034's aren't far, if any, behind the 262. I feel as if my 038 could handle one. But, i would love to have one of my own. They are peppy for their lightweight.

Back