BEST 60cc saw ever built !!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your stuiped! Can you spell propaganda? I surpiesed you even know which end of a saw to hold on to!

So Sethro, you have fallen to the lowly level of calling me names now, eh? Can't beat the saw, so go after the person? Did you forget to take your meds this morning? And talk about spelling, well, you must be the champ in that catagory. I fail to see where propaganda comes in. Other than your obvious problem with paranoid schizophrenia. So lets put it into words that you can understand here:

Y'all wanna brings any stocker 60cc sawz here and wee can run they'm against eether of mine 361s. Hell, I wil eeven holds my sawz bakwurds likes you sayz I do. I will Stihl kick your azz. Doltmar or Doggie sawz, or whatever yoo wanna ran.

Last edited:
Your stuiped! Can you spell propaganda? I surpiesed you even know which end of a saw to hold on to!

:ices_rofl::ices_rofl::ices_rofl: bet he can spell stupid though, maybe even surprised.

Apparently you haven't heard that the MS361 cures cancer

Last edited:
Sure - but I don't like outboard clutches on a 60cc saw, and I don't like "flag" chainbreak handles on a woods saw - so the price goes to the MS361, despite less power (also a tad less weight).......

Troll,

LOL!! the outboard clutch makes sense to me on the Mediums.
Moves the bar inward to centerline so it's handier for limbing.

No real need to swap drives if there's a 372 or 460 handy for big stuff.

For small to medium felling and bucking a 20" Bar on a 262 is just fine without having to swap stuff around, and has enough grunt to get past needing a smaller drive anyhow, as the power was right where your ear could keep the things loaded and cutting easily.

The Flag antennea/brush grabber abomination I will agree on 100%.
If that thing wasn't intentionally designed to break everytime the saw fell off a log, I'll eat one.:D

One zit on a pretty gal, dosn't change things though.
y'all can keep the 361. I'll wait untill I find another good 262 to fill that current gap in my lineup.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Not THE best...but my best anyway.
attachment.php

I like the saw and the pickup, I put a 460 in one of those 20 yrs ago. (pickup, not saw) My favorite 60 cc saw is a 610 mac, because it is my only 60 cc saw.

Can only coment on my 1983 61,been handed down and done more hours work than you could imagine.When I got it,I pulled off the top end(as a mechanic does,cant help myself..:confused:)Perfect,and its never had a piston,ring,nothing and stiil cuts like new and showing 165psi.

Another vote for the 262XP. Other saws I have tried in the 60cc range are the 357 and the 036. But the 262XP is a blast.

It impresses me everytime I use it.
At the end of the day I think I would have more wood down with that one
than with the 2171 because of less weight and incredible power for the weight.

Noone should ever hesitate to buy a 262 if found in decent shape.

I like my Shinny 577 but would say Husky 357xp and Stihl 361 because of popularity and parts availibility.

Troll,

LOL!! the outboard clutch makes sense to me on the Mediums.
Moves the bar inward to centerline so it's handier for limbing. ....

True enough! :agree2:

In my neck of the woods I want the outboard on a 50cc saw, but not on a 60cc one - that is a GP saw here, not just a limbing one - an inboard make it easier to swap rims around, and make it a better curly cutter.

Btw, the MS361 is very compact "sideways" for an inboard clutch saw, and a very good limber - there is something "magic" with that saw - so that may have "colored" my wiew on the issue a bit (accepting an inboard on a 60cc).....

Last edited:
True enough! :agree2:

In my neck of the woods I want the outboard on a 50cc saw, but not on a 60cc one - that is a GP saw here, not just a limbing one - an inboard make it easier to swap rims around, and make it a better curly cutter.

Btw, the MS361 is very compact "sideways" for an inboard clutch saw, and a very good limber - there is something "magic" with that saw - so that may have "colored" my wiew on the issue a bit (accepting an inboard on a 60cc).....

Troll,

Ya crack me up!!:biggrinbounce2:

The 361 does indeed have "Narrow Hips" for a saw of it's stripe.LOL!!
It almost got me too.;)

I miss my old 262, so I as well may be a bit under the spell.:D!

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

My vote is going 3.7 Eager beaver aka 610 Mac. Not as smooth as a Jred 2159 nor can it be hopped up like one. But it does what it was meant to do cut wood,starts all the time in 4 pulls max.
Only time will tell if my Jred is as good. I use my 2159 more than any other saw I own it is so fun to run.But I will let ya know in 15 years!
P.S
On my saw wish list is a super XL12 in blue;)

038 Super it out cuts my 361 hands down, I run a 8 tooth on a 18" bar vs a 7 tooth / 18" bar on the 361, the bottom end torque on the 38 Super is outstanding. I don't notice the weight unless I'm cutting small limbs.

The 262XP is almost a perfect saw. It just doesn't get any better for power to weight ratio, smooth, fast and nimble. With all the saws at my disposal, I seldom make an outing without it. It would be a perfect saw if Husqvarna had set it up with the large bar mount, then I could use the bars from my 480CD and 268XP on it.

I ran the 262XP last night, in some tangled Cherry trees, some of them leaning into and over other trees, quite a mess to say the least. As always, it served me flawlessly and never ceases to amaze me with it's power. I don't know of another saw that handles an 18" bar with 3/8" full chisel chain better?......Cliff

Latest posts

Back