BEST 60cc saw ever built !!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what by one category? 76cc.. :dizzy:

b3a78c47111b22effc5c2538b5931267.jpg

1 class, but yes.

My limited experience... 357xp, gone, 562xp, gone, 2260, gone. 359 that tbone went through, still chugging away.... Now I have a mint 359 that rattler did number on, he called me up, "I am sending your saw back I would say it has the "wow" factor!"... In that ridge runner accent of his. It is literally still breaking in, running a bit rich but when I cut with it I laugh out loud.
This saw has changed my way of thinking, and for me, a ported 35 niner is where it's at.

Russ
I'll put a ported 359 right with the 357xp. Basically same saw cept for a few bits.The cylinder of the 59 isn't as good a quality, but when ported they are extremely impressive!!!

6400 dolmar and echo 590/600p are torquey 60cc saws. Got a lot of time on a 357xp and really like them. 48 mm closed port 365 special is strongest 60cc I've ran. They live in shadow of the 372 so they are not talked about as much. I'd like to get more time on a 562 as I have its little brother 2253(550xp) and really like it.

Exactly.
Living in the Shadow.

I'll soon have a MOFO 361, so maybe my 60cc class saw option will change, but honestly, if the weight is so close to this...
fc0ee3d05bcff4522a968216fad998a6.jpg

I'll just have to feel if it: I know Doc is World Renowned in small circles.

I'll put a ported 359 right with the 357xp. Basically same saw cept for a few bits.The cylinder of the 59 isn't as good a quality, but when ported they are extremely impressive!!!
You are one of the big reasons I got hooked on the 359, a good solid saw that really takes a porting. Heaven forbid, it would be a one saw plan for me in a pinch.
Don, you are part of what makes this site great, always feel comfortable asking your opinion about all things Husqvarna...

Russ

You are one of the big reasons I got hooked on the 359, a good solid saw that really takes a porting. Heaven forbid, it would be a one saw plan for me in a pinch.
Don, you are part of what makes this site great, always feel comfortable asking your opinion about all things Husqvarna...

Russ
Thanks Russ! Now I'm goin to have to build another 359. :)

For a new saw what about Husqvarna 460 rancher bought one with 24 inch bar replaced crappy chain it came with to 4684 semi chisel and cut thru 21 inch black locust quicker than a 039 Stijl with new 20 inch bar and new chain

For a new saw what about Husqvarna 460 rancher bought one with 24 inch bar replaced crappy chain it came with to 4684 semi chisel and cut thru 21 inch black locust quicker than a 039 Stijl with new 20 inch bar and new chain
Also 500 bucks

I have owned most of the saws mentioned in this post, to me the 2260/562 is head and shoulders above them all, the 262 comes in second for me then the 357/2156, then the 361, cause let's face it, it's really a husky in creamsickle colors.

Redmax g621, stihl 034 super, echo 590, and even though its way beyond 20 years old homelite super xl auto because they just don't die and somewhere someplace tomorrow there will a bunch cutting wood screaming angrily.

Both are home owner/ranch hand saws. We're chainsaw snobs and thumb our noses at such inferior tools, lol.

Not a bad saw, but far from the best 60cc. A 555 would be a better choice.

Hot-woods ported 362c with custom adapter allowing use of K/N or UNI filter ... with 18” bar she’s right there with a stock 461 .... 59cc vs 76.5 ... who says the 60cc class is no Good ! Lol

Back