Best affordable firewood chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m not sure if amazon still has there Visa card deal. Apply for their Visa card and get $100 gift card towards your purchase. I think the Husqvarna 460 rancher saws were $499 then smack that $100 gift card on it its only $399. Such a deal on a awesome saw. I got one for my son. He ran a wild thing for over 25 years. No more hand cramps the wild thing didn’t have the anti vibration. At the minimum get the anti vibration.

most noobs post questions before doing a simple search on the forum....

Not all the forum software works the same so it can take a bit to figure out how to search with meaningful results.

If you're going to post asking for help, at least come back and respond to the input you get. If like OP you've already made up your mind then why post?

Welcome Chris.

There is a USA site that has Dolmar 5105, for $280. If they are still available you won't beat them for the price. I bought 3 of them with 18" bar, which is more than long enough for any firewood cutting. Only big heavy power house saws, with the right person on the trigger, should ever have more then a 20" bar, and mid size, firewood saws should be less. They are Pro chainsaws, and beasts for their size. Plenty of power and light and nimble enough to cut for hours, and I am in my 60s. An extra bar, a couple of good stihl chains, good oil premium shell non ethanol gas, and cut away. The german made stihl sharpener, is better then sliced bread.

FYI my kid bought a stihl with 24" bar, it was stihl because of the dealer support in the area. I suggested a 261, but he went bigger. Last year he was here helping me cut firewood. He used my smaller Dolmar much more then his stihl. He liked the power to weight ratio, and the fact he didn't fatigue.
He said he would buy the 261 "50cc" if to do it again, because he would actually cut more in a day. He is getting a shorter bar and chain set up for his. Some cutting on large trees could be larger than 18", which might take 2 cuts, but the majority will be under. Most people aren't cutting down super monsters for firewood. A good grunt smaller saw and 18" or under is better for limbing too.

Don't forget chaps, steel boots, helmet, visor etc. if you can get one these dolmars, you could buy the safety gear, and still end up less then a comparable brand x.

Back