Best affordable firewood chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a USA site that has Dolmar 5105, for $280. If they are still available you won't beat them for the price. I bought 3 of them with 18" bar, which is more than long enough for any firewood cutting. Only big heavy power house saws, with the right person on the trigger, should ever have more then a 20" bar, and mid size, firewood saws should be less. They are Pro chainsaws, and beasts for their size. Plenty of power and light and nimble enough to cut for hours, and I am in my 60s. An extra bar, a couple of good stihl chains, good oil premium shell non ethanol gas, and cut away. The german made stihl sharpener, is better then sliced bread.

FYI my kid bought a stihl with 24" bar, it was stihl because of the dealer support in the area. I suggested a 261, but he went bigger. Last year he was here helping me cut firewood. He used my smaller Dolmar much more then his stihl. He liked the power to weight ratio, and the fact he didn't fatigue.
He said he would buy the 261 "50cc" if to do it again, because he would actually cut more in a day. He is getting a shorter bar and chain set up for his. Some cutting on large trees could be larger than 18", which might take 2 cuts, but the majority will be under. Most people aren't cutting down super monsters for firewood. A good grunt smaller saw and 18" or under is better for limbing too.

Don't forget chaps, steel boots, helmet, visor etc. if you can get one these dolmars, you could buy the safety gear, and still end up less then a comparable brand x.

Website for the 5105? At that price I'd try one.

I do not have the site. I googled it a while back, and forwarded to buddy. They had some then, and he was going to buy and bring to Canada, but Makita here would only warranty Canadian saws he said. They are all sold out up here. I bought 3 with heated handles 2 years back. Great saws they are. They were about $360 in USD then. He ended up buying a husky 550, also a very nice saw, but much more in the $ department.

Hi sundance. I had another look for the 5105. I didn't see it. It was in December when I found it. Maybe sold out maybe I googled different. My buddy and I both deleted the link I sent him. I'll look again, as I have time.

Hi sundance. I had another look for the 5105. I didn't see it. It was in December when I found it. Maybe sold out maybe I googled different. My buddy and I both deleted the link I sent him. I'll look again, as I have time.
thanks DOL51CUTIT. I googled as well, only "deal"I found was in Indonesia with a huge shipping cost.

Back